Cheap Cleaning Robot on Sale on JD.com

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCheap Cleaning Robot on Sale on JD.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The ecovacs CR120 is 899 yuan, crazy. Seems it’ll only remain that price until tomorrow.. if anyone wants a little self-charging floor cleaner, this may be the time!

Keymaster

Even at a discount, is this really worth it? This is equivalent to 10+ visits by the ayi! Here’s a link to check it out for anyone interested: Ecovacs CR120

Participant

Earlier today, before seeing this post I was telling a friend that I’d really like to have a robot vacuum machine. It’s like it’s meant to be. Thanks for the heads up, but seems like they’re usually around that price or just slightly more expensive on Taobao. http://s.taobao.com/search?initiative_id=staobaoz_20140417&js=1&q=ecovacs+CR120&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1

Some people don’t like Taobao I guess. I’m not one of those people, so I’ll take it chill and buy me one a bit later. The gray model that’s on sale at jd.com is really sexy. http://item.jd.com/924362.html

Do you own this model? Are you happy with it? Or maybe you just ordered one and haven’t had a chance to try it out yet…

Participant

Even at a discount, is this really worth it? This is equivalent to 10+ visits by the ayi!

I’d like to get me one and have it vacuum up dust daily while I’m out. Would make it much easier to clean the place myself. Let it do the heavy work, and occasionally I’ll mop and wipe surfaces etc.

Participant

I just ordered one. Have thought about an iRobot for a while but they’re like 4k rmb.. I have a full time nanny but it’s really dusty where I am and I have a cat (shedding season now too), hopefully this keeps the floor dust/hair free and nanny can do a wipe once a day on top.

I’ll update when I know how good it is 😛

Participant

I have one. It’s a different brand and it was priced down to 1500 from nearly 3000 (I’m a bit sceptical but meh…)

Anyway, it does the job fairly well. However:

*requires occasional maintenance. I also have a shedding long haired cat and after several cleanings it jammed the brush
    *you need to keep it away from water
    *even though it is designed to detect ledges, I’ve had mine fall off sometimes (luckily its only a 5 cm drop)
    *doesnt clean corners too well
    *is quite noisy so better have it one while you’re out
    *for some reason it doesnt always find it’s way back to the charging station

Overall though I am quite pleased with it. Cleans well, covers areas under sofa, bed, closet, etc. Low maintenance.
    You can actually buy some that can mob the floor too.

Participant
    Participant

OK, so, review of the gray CR120 so far, which seems normal price is 1199 or something..

Good
    – looks good
    – seems it learns the house quite quickly
    – dust/cat hair on floor is so, so, so, so, so much better. Now when nanny mopped, she exclaimed, wow no hair! 😛 This results in a much cleaner floor post-mop, as the mop doesn’t get filled with shit needing constant scraping off and can focus on cleaning up the deeper grime.
    – It has successfully gone under beds and tables, and most importantly, down a very tiny ramp between a slightly sunken bathroom and hallway, about 1″ high, which I didn’t know if it’d be able to make it over that hump.
    – It’s about as noisy as a hair dryer, this is both good and bad, because I thought it’d be noisier.
    – Has not failed to find his recharge station yet! From first time to about 8 rounds since..

Bad
    – When it went under the front cabinets under TV, a wheel rolled over cables and couldn’t roll back out, had to lift it and pull the cables back further to prevent repeats
    – It is a little noisy if you let ’em in your bedroom while trying to get to sleep, but I don’t think noisy enough to wake me or be a bother if closing the door when he starts his evening round. This can be solved anyways by programming a schedule that fits your situation
    – The little dust trap hasn’t been overfilled yet, but it does seem quite small – I guess if you get in the habit of emptying it every couple days should be no problem.
    – He got stuck under a folding chair once, I had to lift it. Basically since the chair was just wide enough when opened for him to get *in*, once he was under it (against a wall) he kept trying to rotate and find an exit path, but kept sensing the legs or bunting it slightly to the point it would shift, so I guess he couldn’t learn his way outta that one conveniently. May have eventually, but after watching it appear helpless bunting around for 15 minutes, decided to lift the chair.
    – It is not the type that can go up on carpet (at least not the thickness of carpet I have), and if purchasing again, that would be something I look at.
    – is like 0.5cm too high to go under my couch.
    – Grows on me quickly, needs a name.

Participant
    Keymaster

Great review.

- Grows on me quickly, needs a name.

Definitely needs a name. Whenever I see these robot floor cleaner things I only think of DJ Roomba on Parks & Recreation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.