Chengdu Metro Map

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Metro Map

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Keymaster

This is old news now that the second line is preparing to open! Sascha told me today that they gave away 60,000 tickets for people to preview the second line, and that it will officially open in the coming weeks. I can’t imagine I’ll be taking the second line too much, but it’s nice that it’s there. The only thing that concerns me is that there could be twice as many people on the 1st subway line and it’s already really crowded during rush hour. That was part of the motivation for me to put a deposit down on a new bicycle so I can commute to and from work without public transportation.

Participant

On the top, link above image, have full map with all the lines project…

60.000 tickets? shit! only for “try” the new line… maybe it’s better to take a bicycle!

…and I don’t understand when you stay on the metro, every stop you must wait 10 second for the door…

The 2nd line goes all they way out to the Flower Town area though. I would definitely frequent that area more with metro access.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    …and I don’t understand when you stay on the metro, every stop you must wait 10 second for the door…

The doors stay open for a long time, despite everyone rushing to board the train before anyone has even gotten off.

Quote:
    The 2nd line goes all they way out to the Flower Town area though. I would definitely frequent that area more with metro access.

Agree completely. I like hanging out in Flower Town but it’s kind of a pain to go out there and back. The subway should make businesses there like Machu Picchu a lot more tenable.

Participant
    Quote:
    …we you are on the metro and arrive to your station, for go out you must wait 10 second and after door open…

But isn’t a big problem! 😉

Participant

what’s the flower town area become these days, I read Charlie’s post on here from 2 years ago, wonder how developed it has become nowadays, or otherwise?

Also, is there an official metro website, giving the proposed opening dates of the metro lines? And a city map with the metro overlaid, seeing as online line 1 comes up on Google maps?

Ta.

Andy

Participant

what’s the flower town area become these days, I read Charlie’s post on here from 2 years ago, wonder how developed it has become nowadays, or otherwise?

Also, is there an official metro website, giving the proposed opening dates of the metro lines? And a city map with the metro overlaid, seeing as online line 1 comes up on Google maps?

Ta.

Andy

Participant
    Quote:
    gave away 60,000 tickets for people to preview the second line

I just read on the metro website that “240,000 tickets were distributed and in three days a total of 168,000 people completed the test trip.”

so 72,000 didn’t complete it!

http://www.cdmetro.cn/html/news/show_news_w1_10_50_1_4806.html

Participant
    Quote:
    gave away 60,000 tickets for people to preview the second line

I just read on the metro website that “240,000 tickets were distributed and in three days a total of 168,000 people completed the test trip.”

so 72,000 didn’t complete it!

http://www.cdmetro.cn/html/news/show_news_w1_10_50_1_4806.html

Here’s a pretty decent map of the subway: link

Here’s a pretty decent map of the subway: link

Participant

Cheers. I also found this one which has slightly different pinyin station names – http://www.urbanrail.net/as/cn/chdu/chengdu.htm

But I want to see where that line runs on a city map. For example at Yipintianxia, does the line run along Chadianzi lu? Or further north?

Cheers,

Andy

Participant

Cheers. I also found this one which has slightly different pinyin station names – http://www.urbanrail.net/as/cn/chdu/chengdu.htm

But I want to see where that line runs on a city map. For example at Yipintianxia, does the line run along Chadianzi lu? Or further north?

Cheers,

Andy

Participant

A question, which metro line “touch” the Chengdu Eastern Music Park?

Participant

A question, which metro line “touch” the Chengdu Eastern Music Park?

Participant

I don’t think the second line will touch the Eastern Music Park, but possibly a future line will. Line 2 goes from the North West to the South East, the Music park is more due east from city center.

Participant

I don’t think the second line will touch the Eastern Music Park, but possibly a future line will. Line 2 goes from the North West to the South East, the Music park is more due east from city center.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Good question – that post was written by me as a visitor in Flower Town, but Sascha actually lived there. It was new housing developments which forced him to move out, and his home was bulldozed shortly thereafter. He can provide more info than I can, but Flower Town has changed dramatically and after the subway line there is open, the change will only accelerate.

With subway access out there, the number of people there will dramatically increase. Its natural beauty is at risk but it’s also a potential lifeline for businesses there which cater to Flower Town visitors, like Machu Picchu.

Quote:

Here’s the official Chengdu Subway website: Link. Just looking at it makes my head hurt.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Good question – that post was written by me as a visitor in Flower Town, but Sascha actually lived there. It was new housing developments which forced him to move out, and his home was bulldozed shortly thereafter. He can provide more info than I can, but Flower Town has changed dramatically and after the subway line there is open, the change will only accelerate.

With subway access out there, the number of people there will dramatically increase. Its natural beauty is at risk but it’s also a potential lifeline for businesses there which cater to Flower Town visitors, like Machu Picchu.

Quote:

Here’s the official Chengdu Subway website: Link. Just looking at it makes my head hurt.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.