Discounts at Aurora Dental

HomeForumsIn ChengduDiscounts at Aurora Dental

• This topic has 28 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoJanez.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I checked out a new dental facility in Chengdu a few weeks ago called Aurora Dental and found it to be pretty amazing. It’s probably the most modern dentist office I’ve ever seen in Mainland China. Even in the states this place would be considered luxurious. Here are some photos and directions: Aurora Dental

Anyway, they contacted me and offered some discounts from now until the beginning of May:

1. Free Complete Dental EXAM and Digital X-RAYS

2. Special offer for teeth cleaning – CNY 120.00 now (regularly CNY 380)

3. Buy One In-Office Teeth Whitening, Get One Whitening for Your Friend Free:

Bring your friend to Aurora Dental and complete teeth whitening bleaching, we will give one to your friend for free!!!

4. Orthodontics: 12% off Full Orthodontic Treatment

Come in for a complimentary consultation and ask us how you can take advantage of an immediate 12% discount on a full orthodontic treatment.

Figured this may be of use to someone. Probably going to get a checkup here this upcoming weekend.

Participant

I concur.  I went there this past Saturday for the free checkup and 120 RMB teeth cleaning deal, and I was quite satisfied (despite my dreadful results).  The space is huge and deluxe, they have delicious free drinks, and the dental staff are very friendly, although only one could speak a little medical English when I was there.    They are also conveniently open on the weekends.

I will be making a follow-up visit in the near future to get some fillings done; they run 200 RMB/tooth which, according to a local dentist friend of mine, is actually quite reasonable in China.

Thumbs up!

Participant

Sorry to hijack the thread but I went to Tang’s Dental the other day. Was very impressed by their service. They recently became sponsors of the chengdu International Football League and were offering a great deal for our members. Teeth Cleaning for 50rmb and they give you a pair of free cinema tickets too.

Keymaster

Sorry to hijack the thread but I went to Tang’s Dental the other day. Was very impressed by their service. They recently became sponsors of the chengdu International Football League and were offering a great deal for our members. Teeth Cleaning for 50rmb and they give you a pair of free cinema tickets too.

Where is this located? Is this the place in Yulin on Fangcao Jie?

Participant

That’s the one I went to but I think they have 12 branches in Chengdu.

Here is their facebook page

Teeth Cleaning for 50rmb and they give you a pair of free cinema tickets too.

This is too much money for too little. /s

Participant

im tempted…,  do they speak English if i make a call to this # 18608028345?

Participant

I went to Aurora, too, and am getting a root canal I needed.  (Note to people: DON’T EVER LET 2 YEARS GO BY WITHOUT GETTING A TOOTH CLEANING/EXAM!)

Aurora’s staff are awesome, you can make appointments (vs. Huaxi with its lining up), has wifi, videos of the procedures they’re going to do, digital X-rays they’ll copy onto your thumb/USB drive, a good X-ray machine, delicious free coffee, and if you need pain killer they’ll give you free milk and little snack breads so you have something in your belly.

The only thing was that the pain killer went up to my eye, affecting it for about 45 minutes or more!  At the beginning was the worst, as couldn’t blink my eye; rather, it took lots of effort to do so, so I was manually closing my eye.  It was so weird.  I asked around on my FB, and a few others in the U.S. had experienced that too, but it’s not common.  The guy got the nerve that goes up to the eye.

Jane

Participant

These both sound like good deals, but every Chinese friend/student I’ve mentioned this to has expressed skepticism (Chinese are understandably suspicious of the medical/dental profession these days). Has anyone been to either place for a checkup or teeth whitening and been told “your teeth are fine”? The general consensus among Chinese is that it’s a ploy to get you in, then hit you with “you have some problems that we can fix….”
    Just throwing this out there….I’m keen to try one of these places.

Keymaster

im tempted…, do they speak English if i make a call to this # 18608028345?

Yes, they speak English, I don’t think you’ll have a problem

I went to Aurora, too, and am getting a root canal I needed. (Note to people: DON’T EVER LET 2 YEARS GO BY WITHOUT GETTING A TOOTH CLEANING/EXAM!)

I learned this lesson the hard way also and got a root canal in the states once which cost me thousands of dollars. Regular checkups is definitely the way to go, even though Chinese people don’t seem to go to the dentist until there’s a critical problem.

These both sound like good deals, but every Chinese friend/student I’ve mentioned this to has expressed skepticism (Chinese are understandably suspicious of the medical/dental profession these days). Has anyone been to either place for a checkup or teeth whitening and been told “your teeth are fine”? The general consensus among Chinese is that it’s a ploy to get you in, then hit you with “you have some problems that we can fix….”
    Just throwing this out there….I’m keen to try one of these places.

I dunno Ray, taking advice on dental hygiene from Chinese people sounds pretty risky. Black teeth aren’t uncommon here. To answer your question though, I have definitely had check ups in Chengdu that didn’t result in anything expensive. I’ve only been to Gental Dental and Aurora (both of which speak amazing English, in my experience) and I’ve never felt ripped off for a moment at either of them.

Participant

Thanks Charlie!  Just made an appointment tomorrow!

Participant

Thanks Charlie.
    Have got my teeth cleaned today.
    Have seen some guys are going to do filling for 200 rmb per filling. Today I was mentioned 450 RMB per one. Could it be related to discounts in April only or just cheating?

Keymaster

Have seen some guys are going to do filling for 200 rmb per filling. Today I was mentioned 450 RMB per one. Could it be related to discounts in April only or just cheating?

The best thing to do is ask them. They have discounts for April which are in the original post above but it doesn’t say anything about fillings.

Participant

Thanks Charlie.
    Have got my teeth cleaned today.

i went to aurora dental with my friend on Monday also, just cost me 120 rmb for teeth cleaning and nothing else, my friend had a teeth filling and yes cost about 450 rmb, i don’t think they are cheating or something since they will confirm the price before treatment and repect your concerns (at least for my friend is).

@Julius
    & Jane, the environment is deluxe and free coffee is delicous, I like it too, thanks for the advice!  🙂

Participant

Me and my wife went today.  To be honest I feel my wife was treated very differently.  She was not even consulted by a dentist regarding her X-rays, actually she didn’t even see a dentist or her X-rays.  She was dealt with by a dental nurse who also cleaned her teeth it took around 20 minutes.   She didn’t tell me this info until we got home.

My experience was very different I was shown my X-Ray results as soon as I sat in the dentist chair.  I had a dentist and a nurse to hand my total time with cleaning and check up was around forty minutes I was very happy with the service, but I was told I need to get a crown which would cost over 6000 rmb.  So I will be looking for a second opinion.

Not sure I will be going back after the way they treated my wife.

Keymaster

Me and my wife went today. To be honest I feel my wife was treated very differently. She was not even consulted by a dentist regarding her X-rays, actually she didn’t even see a dentist or her X-rays. She was dealt with by a dental nurse who also cleaned her teeth it took around 20 minutes. She didn’t tell me this info until we got home.

Teeth cleaning is often not performed by a dentist, but by dental aides who are trained to perform things like diagnosis and teeth cleaning.

Participant

The consultation should be with a dentist and she was not even shown her X-rays.

Participant

I was trying to find a cheaper place, and as was suggested here I went to Deng dental. Appointment was made for 10 AM, but when I came I was told that there are 2 other guys I need to wait for. I kept seating until 11AM, got badly pissed off, called to Aurora and went there for an 11:30 appointment.

As result I have got my tooth nerve removed. What costed me 1600 RMB, and next Saturday will go for filling.

Forgot to mention that before today`s appointment at Deng dental, I was there 3 days ago for basic inspection and removal of my old filling. They have said that filling would cost me 400-600, what is even more expensive that Aurora.
    Aurora and Deng are earth in heaven comparing to equipment and interior. I do reckon doctors at Aurora are way professional. Overall I`m extremely satisfied, not considering quite high expenses. But this is the issue with teeth 🙂

Overall every single person I met in Aurora are extremely friendly and helpful.

Once again, thanks to Charlie for this post.

Keymaster

Overall every single person I met in Aurora are extremely friendly and helpful.

Once again, thanks to Charlie for this post.

No problem, glad to hear it’s working out for you. I have been going to Gentle Dental for years but Aurora is definitely the most impressive dental clinic that I’ve seen in Chengdu so far.

Participant

Me and my wife went today. To be honest I feel my wife was treated very differently. She was not even consulted by a dentist regarding her X-rays, actually she didn’t even see a dentist or her X-rays. She was dealt with by a dental nurse who also cleaned her teeth it took around 20 minutes. She didn’t tell me this info until we got home.

Dear Ian,

This is Thurm from Aurora Dental, first of all thank you for choosing Aurora Dental!

We are sorry for making you feel that you were treated differently, regarding this issue we have made a call to your wife on May-1st and expressed our sincerely apologies, then we had a good communication and she understands after knowing all the scenarios(below are just some highlights):

1. who do the teeth cleaning: the dentist doctor is always our primary option for teeth cleaning, but if the doctors are serving other customers, the dental aides will do the teeth cleaning, and some of the customers from chengduliving were served by our experienced dental aides also.

2. the time for cleaning less than 30 minutes: your wife has a very good oral habit so it doesn’t take much time for our dentist aides :),  and there is just 1-2 minor issue which can be left alone actually (which is communicated to your wife also), but i think it’s still our problem that we didn’t explain well why the teeth cleaning is completed less than 30 minutes.

Last but not least, thank you again for choosing Aurora Dental, your comments is very important to us and customer satisfaction is our primary goal, if you have any concerns please do let us know. I am glad to leave my contact#: 18608028345.

Best Regards,

Thurm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.