Good tea shop locations / market?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGood tea shop locations / market?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I know the wukuaishi tea market but it’s kinda far away from my place and lots of taxi drivers won’t even go there for some reason so I’m looking for a new spot in central chengdu to shop for tea.

I’m mainly looking to buy reasonably priced pu erh.

Is there any other notable tea market / plaza / street with lots of tea shops in a more central location?

Keymaster

Wukuaishi is really the big one in Chengdu. It is far, but if you’re going to make the trip, I would get enough tea to hold you for a while.

There are small tea shops scattered all over the place but many of them are boutique and expensive (especially the Zhuyeqing shops). The other alternative is big department stores and supermarkets which have a wide selection of tea.

Keymaster

Wukuaishi is really the big one in Chengdu. It is far, but if you’re going to make the trip, I would get enough tea to hold you for a while.

There are small tea shops scattered all over the place but many of them are boutique and expensive (especially the Zhuyeqing shops). The other alternative is big department stores and supermarkets which have a wide selection of tea.

Participant

Hi

I love pu erh tea and had no idea you get it here in Chengdu.

How expensive is expensive as I have trying different green/black teas and not found one which suits my tastebuds yet.

Participant

Hi

I love pu erh tea and had no idea you get it here in Chengdu.

How expensive is expensive as I have trying different green/black teas and not found one which suits my tastebuds yet.

Participant

hi there. it’s real easy to get to wukuaishi these days: metro to the north train station and any rickshaw/motorized whatever to the market. This is really the only choice for good, reasonably priced tea. There is a good puer shop in Xiao Jia He, right by the Lhasa Hotel, down the street from the Roman Plaza or whatever its called. Right off of first ring. But they get their tea from wukuaishi.

There is no good alternative. suck it up, take the metro, get on a rickshaw, browse the market, spend cash, go home and grin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.