Guy Fawkes mask on the cover of the paper yesterday

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGuy Fawkes mask on the cover of the paper yesterday

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Since I can’t read Chinese I don’t take the free papers they hand out in the Metro. But, yesterday it caught my eye as the cover photo appeared to be a bald head wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

I’m really curious if it was a story about Anonymous, or what? So, did anybody happen to read it?

Keymaster

Which paper, the China Daily? If they printed that photo on the cover I really doubt they know what it symbolizes. It would be cool to see what it says though. Not sure if anyone on here caught it and can say what the deal is with that.

Participant

are you refering to http://www.cdxckb.com/ (click 309 on the middle column)

It’s about social networks & censorship

Keymaster

It’s about social networks & censorship

That link is all messed up for me…

Participant
    Quote:
    That link is all messed up for me…

how about now, i did some amendment

Keymaster
    Quote:
    how about now, i did some amendment

Worked! It is about Anonymous: “???”

I found the cover:

fawkes-magazine.jpg

Participant

I read the heading wrong.. I thought it read “Guy f@cks mask on the cover of the paper.” The image i had was.. not pretty and it disturbed me greatly!!! Then google rest assured me it wasnt a dude makin love to a mask :)!!

Participant

Jerry S, your fan club grows daily. gotta build on that momentum, buddy. need a manager? I got some big merchandising ideas…

Participant

Naw, in College, the breakdancing crew called me ‘Blow Job Jerry,’ because i practice bjj and always love a good laugh for two. Print that on a t-shirt heh.

Participant

Shoulda bjj-ed their breakdancing asses…

Participant

That’s the one!

Participant

‘..in college the break dancing crew…” Break dancing crew? Where did you study man? Bronx Community College, Class of 1984?

Participant

Studied at University of Connecticut, BA in anthropology.. A worthless degree, well.. At least it wasnt an Art degree (truly a more useless degree, sowwee to offend those heh). Was prez of the break dancing club, Grappling club and chess club for 2-3 years… Yea my grades were crap.

So on some nights, i made Grappling (bjj) and bboy club meet on the same night/place. One on side, people were doing windmills and head spins, while the other were people breaking limbs, fun times!!

4 Elements of hip hop represent!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.