Outdoor Movie Night! Natooke成都

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOutdoor Movie Night! Natooke成都

• This topic has 49 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoPeggy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tonight starting @8pm at Natooke.

Participant

We’re planning this upcoming month’s movies as to provide a better schedule for anyone interested in catching a movie.  Then we figured, what the hell?  Why not ask what folks want to watch.  So, I ask of you, what films would you be interested in seeing?

Already on the list is Escape from L.A. (a la Ray).  Other suggestions include Wall-E, but are not limited to purely family friendly genres.  Chinese and foreign film suggestions also appreciated.

We hope to mix it up, so don’t be afraid to mix it up!

Participant

Ghost busters “I looked in the trap Ray”!

City of God

Ted

The Lost Boys

A Bridge to Terabithia

Amelie

A Time to Kill “Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!”<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff;”>
    </span>

Ghost in the Shell

A Life Aquatic

There’s is few for you.

Participant

Dude its Escape from new York! NOT the sequel “Escape From L.A” which true Snake fans do not even acknowledge as a legit sequel. That’s all.

Participant

True dat!

Participant

“The Life Aquatic” is cinematic brilliance.

Participant

For irrefutably good films:

• The Fifth Element
    • Kung Fu Hustle
    • Drive
    • The Italian Job
    • Trainspotting
    • Human Traffic
    • The Prestige
    • Any Tarantino film

For my love of movies that are so bad that they become good:

• Street Fighter
    • Mega Piranha
    • Sharktopus
    • Rubber
    • Hobo With a Shotgun

I’ll hold back for now. Else I’d be here all night.

Participant

Agree with the Prestige; really good under-rated flick. Sharknado is the Citizen Cane of shark movies however…Hobo With A Shotgun would be phenomenal at Natooke: little kids and the elderly walking past, viewing the carnage…
    Drive caused a lot of discussion on this website last year. Chicks just couldnt grasp the quintessential manliness of that flick…(guy says nothing for 45 minutes, then EXPLODES! into violence)

Participant

~~~~~~~~can we have Animation night? haha

Keymaster

We’re planning this upcoming month’s movies as to provide a better schedule for anyone interested in catching a movie. Then we figured, what the hell? Why not ask what folks want to watch. So, I ask of you, what films would you be interested in seeing? Already on the list is Escape from L.A. (a la Ray)

Oh man, but Escape from New York is so much better!

Dude its Escape from new York! NOT the sequel “Escape From L.A” which true Snake fans do not even acknowledge as a legit sequel. That’s all.

Just read this. You the man Ray!

Keymaster

Some flicks I’d like to see at the movie night. IMO movies that work best aren’t too complex and are forgiving as far as missing a few lines here and there due to cars honking or noisy people at the chuanchuan place next door. Nostalgic movies with simple themes:

• Desperado
    • True Lies
    • Groundhog Day
    • Big (Tom Hanks)
    • Hackers
    • Face-Off

For irrefutably good films:

• The Fifth Element
    • Kung Fu Hustle
    • Drive
    • The Italian Job
    • Trainspotting
    • Human Traffic
    • The Prestige
    • Any Tarantino film

Nice list!

Keymaster

~~~~~~~~can we have Animation night? haha

I’d be down for that. I nominate Ninja Scroll, aka the best anime of all time. Runner up: Devil Man.

‘The Thomas Crown Affair’… Great flick and all, with Brosnan at his best, but the Steve McQueen original smokes it! One of my personal faves, even with the bloody awful overuse of ‘The Windmills of your Mind’ music.

Participant

I vote for Zatoichi the 2003 takeshi kitano version!

Keymaster

I vote for Zatoichi the 2003 takeshi kitano version!

Never seen that, looks great. That clip reminds me of Ichi the Killer. If you haven’t seen that, it’s a must-see!

Participant

Ohhh! yeah ichi the killer is also a sweet movie!

Participant

you guys are sick

Keymaster

you guys are sick

People don’t watch Takeshi Kitano in China, huh? In the West, Japan has acquired a reputation for having a violent and stylish cinematic flair.

Participant

Hope the asshole lives above Natooke won’t pour water down again!!! I know he or she will do it again! hah . Anyone got wet before?

Keymaster

Hope the asshole lives above Natooke won’t pour water down again!!! I know he or she will do it again! hah . Anyone got wet before?

Oh man, sucks to hear that happened…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.