Scratcha DVA @ Here We Go, Wed April 30th

HomeForumsIn ChengduScratcha DVA @ Here We Go, Wed April 30th

• This topic has 16 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

BOOM!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Keymaster

Nice booking! I like the visual theme you guys are establishing with this and the Kode9 poster.

I don’t know much about Scratcha DVA but I assume he’s famous in UK. I didn’t know who Tippa Irie was before he came to Chengdu either though and I gotta say his performance was pretty amazing at Here We Go.

Participant

Nice booking! I like the visual theme you guys are establishing with this and the Kode9 poster.

Cheers! The last one was designed by DIVISION but I done this one myself. Wanted to stick to a similar theme with the Hyperdub logo forming the background. A lot of the Hyperdub artwork has a similar feel with repetitive patterns.

As for Scratcha, he’s one of Hyperdub’s main artists, he presents the monthly Hyperdub show on the legendary Rinse FM and before that he hosted the Grimey Breakfast show on the same station. He runs his own label (DVA Music) and he’s an amazing DJ (everyone I know over in Shanghai was talking about how good he was last year). Take a look at one of his many boiler room sets

I’ve been hammering this for the last 6 months – Scratcha DVA – Fly Juice 4×4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brfDnNN0to

Oh, and this is pretty cool,a feature with Noisy where he makes a track out of sounds recorded on the street

Participant

Tickets on sale now at Here We Go & Zaomengshe *

We have 20 early bird tickets available, the first 20 people to purchase the tickets will get a 10 rmb discount (40rmb a ticket). Be quick!!!

Tickets include a free shot (only if you enter before 11pm)

* zaomengshe is a local website for ticket purchases. You can use paypal, your bank account or alipay account to pay for tickets. They’ll send a qr code to your phone which will be scanned at the door.

Participant

The early early tickets have now gone, limited presale 50rmb tickets available at Here We Go and Zaomengshe

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjk5OTc3ODQ0.html

Participant

The early early tickets have now gone, limited presale 50rmb tickets available at Here We Go and Zaomengshe

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjk5OTc3ODQ0.html

Participant

According to The Guardian, Hyperdub is “the label defining the sound of the underground.”

Don’t miss your chance to see Hyperdub artist Scratcha DVA in Chengdu.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/apr/19/10-best-record-labels

Participant

Some good drink deals at Here We Go next Wednesday…

1 free shot with your ticket (before 11pm)

Buy 1 Get 1 free harbin (before 11pm)

Duvel 35 rmb all night

Keymaster

This is gonna be awesome.

The last one was designed by DIVISION but I done this one myself.

Yay!

Participant

Just a quick reminder, Here We Go is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so be sure to get your advanced ticket if you are there this weekend.

Participant

Here We Go is closed today and tomorrow. If you need an advanced ticket PM me here or text 155 2803 2257.

Participant

Limited number of advanced tickets available for this at Natooke, so if you’re up for coming by and scratching me behind the ears, I may be inclined to send you off with one…

Participant

Hyperdub featured as Label of the month on Resident Advisor

As well as the article you can download a Scratcha DVA Hyperdub mix recorded live in Beijing 4 days ago.

Participant

what a night!

Participant

what a night!

Absolutely amazing, possibly takes The Bug’s crown of best night in Chengdu. There is a reason that guy has Fabric to himself next month.

Sound was fantastic too, fair play lads.

Participant

Thanks to everybody that came down. Hope you all had a great night.

Next up…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.