Table Tennis in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduTable Tennis in Chengdu?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone want to play table tennis?

Keymaster

I’m down if it’s on a weekend and in the south of the city, somewhere like Sichuan University.

Participant

Table Tennis on the weekend sounds good to me… Sichuan University (the inside table tennis area) is probably the best place I know in Chengdu – and not expensive either. I am not really good (basic skills) – but enjoy playing on a fairly competitive level…

Drop me a message… 182 0033 1343

Gotta buy a racket first. Any recommendations? +/- 100rmb…

I’m maybe an intermediate player and like playing competitively.

They have rentals. I haven’t gotten to the point where I know how to use a custom paddle.

Keymaster

Gotta buy a racket first. Any recommendations? +/- 100rmb…

I’m looking for recommendations on this also. Been playing with busted up public paddles and would like to get used to something more consistent but I have no idea what to buy.

Participant

the weekend and Si Chuan Uni sound good. I’m also a beginner for the table tennis. The best table tennis racket in china is 红双喜(1-3stars,the best is 5 stars), and it’s not expensive, around 75 yuan( i think it’s cheaper on taobao)
    anyone want to paly table tenis(or badminton) on weekend, can leave me a message…15882490269

Participant

I play competitive table tennis, and I know a quite a bit about the various styles, and about the bats/rubbers. I can help you choose an appropriate racket for your style, if you need.

Also, if you do not play competitive yet, then you should NOT buy an expensive racket. Beginners and intermediate players shouldn’t buy advanced or professional level rackets/rubbers. They haven’t yet perfected their strokes, and by using these higher level rackets, they are likely to develop bad habits to try to control the ball.

Also, 红双喜 (double happiness) is one of the cheapest brand there is, but is still a good brand to use (unless it doesn’t fit your style). But, you can still find other popular brands in China. There are a bunch of shops near 省体育馆站 Sichuan Gymnasium Subway Stop.

Here is an Australian table tennis forum which may be helpful. I have used it many times before. http://ooakforum.com/

and, here is my QQ if you need to contact me. 2381795545

Keymaster

I play competitive table tennis, and I know a quite a bit about the various styles, and about the bats/rubbers. I can help you choose an appropriate racket for your style, if you need. Also, if you do not play competitive yet, then you should NOT buy an expensive racket. Beginners and intermediate players shouldn’t buy advanced or professional level rackets/rubbers. They haven’t yet perfected their strokes, and by using these higher level rackets, they are likely to develop bad habits to try to control the ball. Also, 红双喜 (double happiness) is one of the cheapest brand there is, but is still a good brand to use (unless it doesn’t fit your style). But, you can still find other popular brands in China. There are a bunch of shops near 省体育馆站 Sichuan Gymnasium Subway Stop. Here is an Australian table tennis forum which may be helpful. I have used it many times before. http://ooakforum.com/ and, here is my QQ if you need to contact me. 2381795545

Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge! I sent you a friend request on QQ.

Participant

Hey all if anyone fancies some Table Tennis sometime send me a PM, would defo be up for a game sometime!

Keymaster

I met up with DubMe last night at Machu Picchu and we’re going to play ping pong this Saturday afternoon around 4-5pm at the Sichuan University tables. If anyone wants to come, meet us there. We’re intermediate players, not of particularly high skill.

Phone number: 186-1577-7278
    Wechat: justcharlie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.