Getting an Abortion in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduGetting an Abortion in Chengdu?

• This topic has 23 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoAder.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a friend living in Chengdu who is now pregnantbut would like and abortion. She is a foreigner. She doesn’t have any idea about where to go to terminate the pregnancy. I’ve told her to find a reputable hospital and go from there. She’s panicking and doesn’t know what to do. I’m not in China so I can’t really help. Does anybody here have any suggestions to help this woman sort out her problem? Anybody have an idea how much it will cost?

Keymaster

I don’t know the answer to this question but I think your advice is solid: get to a hospital and ask. I would go to Huaxi Hospital, they speak English there.

Participant

Thank you for the name of the hospital.

Participant

Are abortions legal in China?

Participant

Preferred.

Keymaster

Are abortions legal in China?

Not only are they legal, China performs twice as many abortions per year as anyone else. Few women are on the pill and families rarely have more than one child.

Participant

For the record, abortion clinic areas of hospitals are abysmal depressing wards with an extraordinarily ‘cold’ feeling, typically full, and perform abortions in a similar time as you’d order and eat a fast food meal. It’s a herding process. Tip: AVOID IT.

Keymaster

For the record, abortion clinic areas of hospitals are abysmal depressing wards with an extraordinarily ‘cold’ feeling, typically full, and perform abortions in a similar time as you’d order and eat a fast food meal. It’s a herding process. Tip: AVOID IT.

Is there an alternative, or are you suggesting to have a child that you can’t or don’t want to care for to avoid the unpleasantness of getting an abortion?

Participant

“Is there an alternative” Yes – go elsewhere. I should have been clear, I am only referring to those areas which I’ve seen in Chengdu hospitals. Not only do I think the facility conditions/environment is terrible, but I’m guessing at the rate they go through these procedures, that it’s probably not the best care one could receive… and I suppose it also matters for women who may, eventually, want to have a child – spending a little extra money and going to a reputable and clean environment elsewhere may be a better experience for something that is already a terrible one, and I suppose this is not at all empirical but a little research beforehand could probably land a much safer method than whatever leaves women leaving these scrape-fests buckled over barely able to walk when they get discharged (which you can see training out of these wards with their male accompaniment often holding them up).

Keymaster

“Is there an alternative” Yes – go elsewhere.

Where? Are there private hospitals in Chengdu that do abortions? I haven’t heard of any alternatives.

Participant

Well I don’t think I’ll be sugesting she read this thread. I now wish I hadn’t heard this.

Keymaster

Well I don’t think I’ll be sugesting she read this thread. I now wish I hadn’t heard this.

It doesn’t sound all that irrational to be panicking in her situation. Good luck to your friend, hopefully she can resolve this without suffering too much.

Participant

I’m with Charlie on this one. Get it over with and move on. If she’s been in China for a while she probably won’t suffer too many trauma’s from visiting a Chinese hospital. Or maybe she will.

Participant

I don’t know about the private women’s hospitals, they’re probably a lot better – can’t be much worse – but also almost certainly much more expensive…definitely worth checking into though. I meant that, if it were my loved one, I’d seriously consider flying with them somewhere else – like HK. I consider the potential damage to baby production organs incredibly serious, though – and if I try to flip the scenario, like, if I had some sort of surgery that was to happen on my baby production organs, I absolutely wouldn’t have that done in China. It’s easy for some dudes to say “f- it just get it done”, but it’s also not our bodies that can be fucked up for life as a result.

Keymaster

I don’t know about the private women’s hospitals, they’re probably a lot better – can’t be much worse – but also almost certainly much more expensive…definitely worth checking into though. I meant that, if it were my loved one, I’d seriously consider flying with them somewhere else – like HK. I consider the potential damage to baby production organs incredibly serious, though – and if I try to flip the scenario, like, if I had some sort of surgery that was to happen on my baby production organs, I absolutely wouldn’t have that done in China. It’s easy for some dudes to say “f- it just get it done”, but it’s also not our bodies that can be fucked up for life as a result.

I agree, and would do the same thing. Not sure if that is an option for OP’s friend, but definitely something to take into consideration.

Participant

At first know about the time of pregnancy. Then should take proper steps for it. You should discuss with a gynecologist immediately. If time is more the problem is more. So, be more careful about it. I think it is associate with TWO  Lives.

Pray to god. Because He is the best doctor.

May god Help Her.

Participant

@Sidam
    Are you in Chengdu? Or just some weird dude who searches the internet for Abortion as a topic and jumps on the thread to say stupid shit like “Pray to god. Because He is the best doctor.”? I’m guessing the latter. It’s also really weird that you capitalize “He” but not “G” in “God”, but that’s a separate issue. Pray to Joe Pesci.

Participant

How far along is she? I guess pills are out of the question at this point? I am absolutely with Rick on this one. If you can afford it go somewhere else or go to a women’s hospital. But the fact is however/where ever you do it, if it is far enough along there are only a few options and they will injure you. If it’s not 5+ months, she should be ok with getting the parts pulled out in chunks (yeah, exactly what that sounds like), then they “scrape” the womb to remove all the related tissue, which basically leaves a raw open wound inside the womb, hence the bleeding and trouble walking. If she is just a month or two it will still be barely more than a lump. The longer she waits, the more painful and traumatic it will be, so dont try to save up the money to run to HK if it means waiting 2 months. There are many many women’s pregnancy hospitals in town (one near huochenanzhan and kehuabeilu-ish area seems to have a decent reputation) and they will be much less than flying out of the city. Do it as soon as possible. She doesnt want to be seeing things that are identifiably “baby body chunks” and the longer she waits, that is what she will have to look forward to.

This thread is cringeworthy. Wrap it up everyone!

Babies… not even once.

Participant

Maybe the Women and Childrens’ building near Niushikou? (牛市口)

It’s quite a modern looking building from the outside. I’m sure they would have English speaking staff there that could at the least offer your friend some advice.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.