AirAsia: 1 month of SE Asia flights for $150

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAirAsia: 1 month of SE Asia flights for $150

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For those like me who haven’t booked their winter holiday trips yet…

– Unlimited flights to SE Asia for a month for $148 plus tax/fees
    – Supposedly up for sale January 15
    – 10 different destinations TBA

I’m not too familiar with the source but hopefully it’s legit.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2014/11/20/11226/932/travel/Remember+the+All-You-Can-Jet+Pass%3F+Now+It%27s+Southeast+Asia%27s+Turn+for+Unlimited+Flying.

Participant

Backpacker/people with lots of holiday time’s dream 😀

Keymaster

Amazing. Air Asia is the best.

Participant

Anyone updates? I’m definitely interested. I’ve already got a flight out of Chengdu booked (Air Asia doesn’t fly here anyways) but would love to save some money on the rest of my trip, even just flying into CQ on Air Asia and then $15 for the train would save dough.

Participant

Air Asia doesn’t fly here anyways

I’m almost certain I’ve flown from Chengdu<>KL<>Langkawi via Air Asia.

Participant

You’re right. Air Asia does fly to Chengdu. I had only looked for flights between Thailand and Chengdu, and it doesn’t offer those. Only flights from Kuala Lumpur. My apologies.

Participant

So did they find that plane yet?

Keymaster

So did they find that plane yet?

I assume you mean the recently-lost one? They found that. The other one, no. For some reason a lot of this airline weirdness seems to originate out of Malaysia.

Participant

Pretty awful developments with the latest crash.

Still nothing new afaik, but I’ve read that this deal may not be that great due to the way AirAsia does their ticketing. The promo doesn’t include taxes/fees which usually make up most of your ticket price with AA. So a hypothetical ticket that cost you $100 could be $95 in fees and the fare being $5. I’ll probably buy a one-way ticket now and see what happens on the 15th.

If anyone has a better way to fly direct to Vietnam I’m all ears; I tried the regional Vietnamese airline and couldn’t find any available flights with any date I tried.

Keymaster

Pretty awful developments with the latest crash. Still nothing new afaik, but I’ve read that this deal may not be that great due to the way AirAsia does their ticketing. The promo doesn’t include taxes/fees which usually make up most of your ticket price with AA. So a hypothetical ticket that cost you $100 could be $95 in fees and the fare being $5. I’ll probably buy a one-way ticket now and see what happens on the 15th. If anyone has a better way to fly direct to Vietnam I’m all ears; I tried the regional Vietnamese airline and couldn’t find any available flights with any date I tried.

I don’t think there are a ton of options for flying direct to Vietnam, but I could be mistaken. It’s actually a decent overland trip to take from Kunming, scenic trains and the border area between the two countries is interesting.

Participant

Any word on if this promotion is still a go?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.