Moving to Study in Chengdu, No Idea What to Expect

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMoving to Study in Chengdu, No Idea What to Expect

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone

I’m 20 years old, currently a second year studying Mandarin in the UK and I will be moving to Chengdu for my year abroad in August at Sichuan University.

I have never been more excited for anything in my life but having never been to China or even Asia I am a little bit apprehensive and clueless about what to expect.

If anyone has any tips about anything literally anything it would be great! Obviously I’ve already done a lot of reading about China but there’s only a certain amount you can really get from travel guides etc. Whether it’s specifically about Chengdu, travel tips, what to see, nightlife (I will miss Newcastle’s famous nightlife) or any other essentials I need to know, I would be more than grateful!

Thanks 🙂

Participant

Chengdu is great, you don’t have to worry about having a bad time here. I studied at Sichuan University for one year and I met amazing people there and around Chengdu. Check this website to check whats happening and meet a lot people at Sichuan University to hang out and you’ll have an amazing time!

ps: not to forget the times you are going to practice your Chinese with the locals. Chengdu is a great place to engage with locals, however, be minded of the local accent here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.