Watching UFC Fights in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduWatching UFC Fights in Chengdu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s the final card of the year in Vegas, Ufc 168, headlined by the much anticipated Silva vs Weidman rematch for the 185plb belt tomorrow morning/early afternoon. The rest of the card looks pretty solid too. Any place one could go to check out the fights? A quick scan of the internet revealed nothing of the sort. I would order a stream or seek one out somehow but my internet is so consistently slow that it may not be worth it to expend the effort.

If there isn’t anywhere to go, what would you guys suggest to be the best method of watching the fights; is anyone else planning on doing so?

Also: Silva/Weidman, Barnett/Browne, Rousey/Tate – predictions, anyone?

Participant

Check your pm

Keymaster

The only events like this that I know about are at people’s houses, which I assume is what Ray PM’d you about. There are UFC fans in Chengdu but not many actual venues for these kind of people to gather or watch fights together. Hope this helps, I’m sure you’ll be connected to fight fans in no time – there are a lot of them.

Participant

Re Silva v Weidman; I’m gonna stick my neck out and tip Weidman to again upset The Spider. Just a gut feeling 🙂

Keymaster

Re Silva v Weidman; I’m gonna stick my neck out and tip Weidman to again upset The Spider. Just a gut feeling :)

I just watched the last fight between them on Youtube, right here for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SS77cgAjNw

I can’t believe how outrageously confident Anderson Silva is. I guess that’s what happens when you win so many fights in a row, but man, what a foolish way to get knocked out. It didn’t look like he was taking the fight seriously at all, when it’s one of his comedy relief moments that results in him getting his lights punched out. After an embarrassing loss like that I can’t imagine that he won’t act completely differently in the next match. Should be a good one.

Participant

Speaking of UFC fights, I just finished watching an awesome heavy weight fight – Hunt vs. Bigfoot from Dec. 6 fight night.

Check it out – all 5 rounds of amazing willpower and conditioning from two heavies. Really, really fun bout.

Participant

If you have a a digital box then you can watch UFC fights live. Channel 62 on my tv. It’s showing some kind of Chinese Kickboxing (CFC) right now.

Participant

I think Anderson Silva has been fighting at such a high level for so long that he became a little too arrogant in his last fight, and he paid for it. A motivated Anderson Silva has incredible striking prowess and could take out Weidman standing easily, but is also 38 years old and in the twilight of his career. Chris Weidman is a very capable fighter, solid in all aspects, an exceptional grappler, and is young and hungry. It’s a compelling fight.

Keymaster

If you have a a digital box then you can watch UFC fights live. Channel 62 on my tv. It’s showing some kind of Chinese Kickboxing (CFC) right now.

They have pirated Pay Per View events on Chinese tv? That is amazing.

A motivated Anderson Silva has incredible striking prowess and could take out Weidman standing easily, but is also 38 years old and in the twilight of his career. Chris Weidman is a very capable fighter, solid in all aspects, an exceptional grappler, and is young and hungry. It’s a compelling fight.

I feel the same way, although Silva is old, who knows what would have happened if he wasn’t acting a fool. I think I’ll check out the fight tonight. First time watching a UFC match in I don’t know how long – since Fedor was on top.

Keymaster

We ended up watching this fight last night. Insane ending. Sucks to be Anderson Silva right now.

Participant

WOW. Just saw that. Still shots emphasize how badass it was. Surprised not more chat about it!

Participant

For anyone interested we will be showing UFC 184 at The Clubhouse Live this Sunday at 11am. Doors will open at 10.30am. Unfortunately there is no Mexican Food available this weekend so feel free to bring snacks.

Participant

For anyone interested we will be showing UFC 184 at The Clubhouse Live this Sunday at 11am. Doors will open at 10.30am. Unfortunately there is no Mexican Food available this weekend so feel free to bring snacks.

Awesome! I won’t be in Chengdu for this one but I’ll definitely come by for future events if you show them.

Participant

Any updates on this? Places to watch UFC fights in CD?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.