Any VPN I can use right now?

HomeForumsIn ChengduAny VPN I can use right now?

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoWMary.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone, I just get back Chengdu. I realized that a lot of VPN services are closed down. Such as Shadowsocks, which I used before.

Anyone knows a VPN that is still good to use right now? I am kind of desperate to know the answer.

Thanks a lot.

Keymaster

It’s kind of a tough time for VPNs right now, but there is an ad to check out on the Chengdu Living homepage which I recommend. It’s on the right. Otherwise if you search on Google you can find VPN reviews.

Participant

getcocoon.com/asia_free

Its a browser so you have to download it, but works and is free.

Keymaster

$ocks5 proxies works well. But it’s better not to rely on service providers (unless they give you dedicated IP).

PM (wechat:xonikk) if you need help setting up a custom server.

Participant

Hi everyone, I just get back Chengdu. I realized that a lot of VPN services are closed down. Such as Shadowsocks, which I used before. Anyone knows a VPN that is still good to use right now? I am kind of desperate to know the answer. Thanks a lot.

Shadowsocks is fine, at least for custom server.

try using a general service port if you can still get ping reply

Participant

@untruthful – It has been our experience that publicizing the names of vpn services can result in them suffering from connection problems. If you want a dependable one then you are either going to have to pay for it or you are going to be lucky and have found one that has a low user traffic that half a billion other users haven’t found yet.

However, if you browse the internet with a ISP from then you are almost certainly going to be spammed by one company who I believe claim that they are 100% reliable in China or never been disconnected or some such brag. I am not recommending them but if their claims are true then it would seem like a good place to try albeit that I wouldn’t recommend paying a year in advance as they appear to be inviting trouble.

Participant

From my experience, many of the paid VPNs will work most of the time but if you set them up to manually connect, your rate of success will be higher. I pay for a PUREVPN service and their software sucks. At the same time, I can manually connect 98% of the time and it works fine. Right now you can get 5 years worth of service for 69 USD. Ironically you’ll need a VPN to purchase it.

Keymaster

Ironically you’ll need a VPN to purchase it.

Same situation with SocketPro and a lot of other VPNs, I find. Need a VPN to even get on their website and purchase service.

Participant

@untruthful – It has been our experience that publicizing the names of vpn services can result in them suffering from connection problems. If you want a dependable one then you are either going to have to pay for it or you are going to be lucky and have found one that has a low user traffic that half a billion other users haven’t found yet. However, if you browse the internet with a ISP from then you are almost certainly going to be spammed by one company who I believe claim that they are 100% reliable in China or never been disconnected or some such brag. I am not recommending them but if their claims are true then it would seem like a good place to try albeit that I wouldn’t recommend paying a year in advance as they appear to be inviting trouble.

The less expensive way is to buy a VPS which you can still ping and access from China. Install shadowsocks and use port 80, after the block of ports last month or the month before, it is a way you can use your VPS. For business and trading concern, the party will not block 80 port so soon, even the 443 port of my VPS is blocked weeks ago. If you have a VPS, one day when shadowsocks protocol is blocked, you can still install other tool, not like a VPN, if it is blocked, it is totally down. Now VPS is the way to access bandwidth consuming app. And VPN is a safe insurance if one day all ports on VPS is blocked.

Participant

Astrill works fine for me from many years… https://astrill4u.com

Participant

I use shadowsocks R, it’s a safer version of shadowsocks using some more cipher techniques.

Participant

I know one that works. But it costs around 160RMB a year.

Keymaster

I know one that works. But it costs around 160RMB a year.

Sounds like s)cketPr0 😉

Participant

I can send you guys the one for desk computer if you don’t mind. Leave your Email or wechat here. It ‘s called 天行VPN.

Participant

Or you can add my wechat:lljwl123

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.