Appliance and Power Conversion Question

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAppliance and Power Conversion Question

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoBen.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Where my engineers at? I just bought a new Kitchenaid Professional 6000 HD stand mixer, and had it shipped here from the USA. Out of the box, power specs are 120 volts/60hz with a max voltage of 350 watts. Question is, can I run it here? How? What do I have to do, do I have to buy anything to run it, and if so, what and where can I get it? Delicious cakes are in your future! I’m just afraid to plug it in and fry it. It came with a heavy duty 3 prong grounded plug.

Participant

Ermmm power adaptor/transformer? Not sure if local electrical appliances shop has it but computer center has it for sure. China is 220V, 50HZ so plugging your thing directly would make its life bright, but short 🙂

Keymaster

Yes, you need a transformer, which in Chinese is 变压器. There are tons of them available on Taobao like this, just search for those characters on there.

There are tons of them available on Taobao like this, just search for those characters on there.

That is only rated for 60w. This one is able to supply up to 400w. However, you might want to play it safe and buy this one which is listed as up to 800w.

220v转110v变压器 is a better search term as some transformers are for different voltages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.