Aussie Rules in Chengdu This Weekend?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAussie Rules in Chengdu This Weekend?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoEve.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I know there’s an Aussie rules match in Shanghai this weekend (a legit match for premiership points)and today I heard that there will also be an exhibition match held in Chengdu at Sichuan University. However i can’t find any info about it. Does anybody know anything about this? Could be fun…..

Participant

ive seen news on tv in adelaide about it as well  (i know one of the team called port adeliade footy club and they got five years deal to play games with shanghai, i think its a really smart thinking)   but i did not really seen the chengdu part

Participant

I discovered that the Chengdu thing was just a few Aussie expats trying to get a game going (kinda tough cos each side needs 18 players plus 3 or 4 subs).
    But yes, China and Australia have a deal to try to promote the sport here. i hope they have more success than Major League Baseball had! 🙂

Participant

they will be alright. by the way, would be interesting if they try oz rugby lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.