Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 8/2-3

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBanff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 8/2-3

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The 39th Annual Banff Moutain Film Festival World Tour is coming to town.  The Banff Centre is a Canadian organization that promotes creativity by supporting an international network of artists, leaders, scientists, and writers. You can learn about the Banff Centre or the film festival by clicking the links.

After being in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour will stop in Chengdu August 2nd-3rd to screen a selection of films on exploration and adventure, culture and environment, and mountain sports.  You can buy opening tickets for the Chengdu screening in advance at Natooke.  Six short movies will be on the opening screening August 2nd at 13:00 in Fuli Mall in Shuncheng Street. Pre-order ticket price is 99RMB (price at the event is 120RMB).

Any idea if snowboarding is featured in one of the films?

Participant

I believe so.

Participant

I’ve been to the Banff film festival several times – that’s my neck of the woods, one movie which sort of inspired me to travel more and especially to remote places was one I saw there, called “Cannibals and Cramp-ons” more than a decade ago..

They definitely have some gems, it’s worth checking out!

Keymaster

This looks great. How long are the short films?

Participant

I would attend just for that insane mountain bike shot. I love that stuff but ain’t got sufficient stones to try it myself…..

Participant

I’ve been to a couple screenings of the Banff Film Festival shows and I’m looking forward to this.

@Charlie
    They will have a number of (maybe 10) short films ranging from 2-3 minute shorts of epic outdoors to documentaries lasting 20 minutes.

Participant

Seriously, check out cannibals and crampons if you can find it, it’s one of the best doco’s I’ve ever seen, in fact I’mma try to find it now 😀 That’s the quality of film you can expect here..

Participant

Tickets can be purchased on our Taobao as well as @the shop

The short films ranges in length, some are <10 minutes, some are >30.

Keymaster

Tickets can be purchased on our Taobao as well as @the shop The short films ranges in length, some are <10 minutes, some are >30.

Awesome. Just purchased two tickets through Taobao.

Participant

Just a reminder: There are still a handful of tickets available for this coming Saturday.  Natooke not in your neck of the woods?  Can’t buy on Taobao?  Then if you know where U37’s UID Cafe is, you’re in luck! They also have tickets for sale.

I’d highly recommend checking this out and giving it your support to see that this festival returns in the coming years.

The showing in Chengdu, organized by 700Bike  (a cycling-centric media organization in Beijing) needs viewer support!  Not to mention the fact it’s an amazing set of short films.  Come check it out!

Keymaster

Just a reminder: There are still a handful of tickets available for this coming Saturday. Natooke not in your neck of the woods? Can’t buy on Taobao? Then if you know where U37′s UID Cafe is, you’re in luck! They also have tickets for sale.

I dj’d at the opening of a tattoo shop near there last Friday, first time in that area. Really cool place, feel like I’ve been missing out on that district! Conrank will be in town this weekend also, I’ll bring him out to this.

Participant

Whoa!  Sounds like the Banff Mountain Film Festival is about to get #turntup!

Keymaster

This is tomorrow!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.