Recommended Barber in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduRecommended Barber in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

any good and decent barber shop to recommend? Something that won’t make me look like kim jong un… :\

From downtown down going south til to Gaoxin is ok. Around Tongzillin would be perfect.
    I’m willing to spend around 100 kuai if needed, that more or less is how much I was used to pay in Guangzhou and Shanghai.

Thx in advance for any suggestion!

Keymaster

This thread may be helpful. One place to check out is Hair Code in Taikoo Li, although it will likely cost more than 100rmb. There are barbers of all different type across the city though, it may just take some time to fight the right match for yourself.

Participant

if you speak Chinese, any barber will be just fine, for 100 kuai, you may have a decent hair cut plus they’ll wash your hair twice.

and there is a Hair Code Charlie mentioned in KaiDan Plaza (if I guess the name right, it has a big sign say Galleria on the building) on -1 floor.

If you’re male and don’t have fashion model hair, you probably don’t need to be paying more than 60 for a decent hair cut.

The trick is to find a nice looking local salon near you and check the prices. They will usually have tiers for stylists; something like basic (30-40) , master (50-60), super saiyan (80-100), but in my experience, for just a haircut, basic is fine. Maybe if you need a perm or color it would be worth going up, but then also maybe you should reconsider your life goals jk.

If you like the haircut you got, remember the stylists’ number (why don’t they just go by names?) and request that stylist each time for more consistent results.

They will always give you a hair wash first. They might try to upsell you at this point by suggesting different fancy shampoos, like one with mint, at this point you just say you want the regular putong kind to avoid paying extra. Head massages are usually included but they’ll still ask if you want one.

Pricing is also often separated into member and non-member prices. To become a member you usually need to leave a deposit of 100-300 minimum and they’ll open an account for you. This will usually give you a 20% off discount which is worth it if you plan on getting a lot of haircuts. Deposit less if the store is some sketchy place that might close down in the next month.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.