Renting Bedroom in Xiaojiahe (20m Walk from Yulin)

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsRenting Bedroom in Xiaojiahe (20m Walk from Yulin)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m a Chinese guy – early 30s, and I am looking to rent out the bedroom of my apartment while I sleep in the living room. I’m the owner of this apartment and I’m able to communicate with you in OK English, both written and verbal (minus a few mistakes here and there..).

Ok, .. now about my apartment, it’s located in Xiao Jia He – Guo Ji Hua Yuan (肖家河 – 国际花园), which is about 10 minutes’ walk from the Yi Guan Miao Metro Station (衣冠庙地铁站), and from here to Yu Lin (玉林)is about 20 minutes’ walk. I mention Yu Lin because I learned that most expats here in Chengdu prefer to live in or close to that area.. or please correct me if i’m wrong..

The apartment is on the 7th floor of an elevator residential building, not by the street so it’s quiet. Lots of restaurants, stores and bus lines around here. It’s 56 square meters in size – 1 bedroom, 1 living room, 1 bathroom, and 1 kitchen. There is a balcony but it is very tiny..  The bedroom is about 20 square meters in size and has 1 double-person-bed, 1 small bedside stand, 1 large wardrobe and 1 small couch (sits 1 person only). There is no air conditioner in the bedroom, but I can install one for you.

In the living room there is 1 wall-mounted air conditioner, 1 medium-size fridge, 1 big item shelf, 1 small item shelf, 1 small digital piano, 1 long table, 1 short table, 1 desktop PC, 1 water dispenser and 3 chairs. In the kitchen and balcony there are 2 gas stoves, 1 sink, 1 gas water heater, and 1 automatic washing machine. In the bathroom there is 1 shower, 1 western style toilet, and right outside the bathroom there is a wash sink.

I’d like to rent out the bedroom while I buy a small bed and put it in the living room to sleep on. Recently I’ve been diagnosed with a medical condition (Hemolytic anemias, for anyone who cares to know), and have now made the decision to temporarily quit my job and stay home for at least a year to try and recover through a combination of medical treatment, diet/nutrition, stress reduction and exercise, and since I won’t have any salary during this period of my life, I would like to rent out the bedroom to ease my financial burden. I’m an easy going person who likes reading, listening to music and playing my digital piano. I don’t smoke or drink, and I keep my apartment really clean. I hope I can find a roommate who is similar to me in terms of these things and I think we will get along very well.

In terms of rent, I will charge 1700 RMB per month (1900 RMB per month if 2 people), and although I prefer that you pay quarterly, it’s ok if you only want to stay for a short duration and pay on a monthly basis. But please know that I will collect 1 month’s rent as deposit and return it to you at the end of your stay. The 1700 RMB monthly rent will cover everything, including property management, electricity, gas, water and internet (I have China telecom broadband installed and will give you full access to it, including direct cable connection to your computer/laptop and WIFI connection to your laptop and mobile device).

Although I’m renting out the bedroom to you, I want you to feel completely at home here and use all the living spaces and household appliances, tools, items, etc.  I currently do not have a microwave oven (I cook via the gas stove or simply make salad), but if you want to use one, please let me know and I will purchase one for you to use.

About apartment cleaning, it would be super nice if you would be willing to participate in this, but if you don’t want to or just don’t have the time, that’s ok too, then I will clean the apartment myself, but please do do your own laundry (I will show you how to use the automatic washing machine).  I like to make salads and vegetable soup for my meals, and anytime you don’t feel like cooking and don’t mind eating salads or vegetable soup, you are very welcome to join me for some veggies 🙂

Finally, I do have a few small requests.. please don’t smoke in the apartment. And if you drink alcohol, please do it moderately (don’t get drunk please). Also, if you keep a pet, please make sure he or she is kept clean and doesn’t damage items in the apartment. Well, I guess that’s about it, I don’t have too many rules other than these.

Thank you for reading this very long ad, and I hope to hear from you soon if anyone’s interested. Have a great day!

Participant

Sorry I forgot to attach some photos of my apartment. Here they are:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

It only allows me to attach 4 photos in one reply… here are 4 more photos:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.