Best VPN service?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest VPN service?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My current VPN service, PureVPN, is about to expire and before I renew it I thought I’d ask and see if anyone had any superior services to recommend.

Participant

Before I tried PureVPN (I changed more than 5 services) but now I’m using Astrill VPN and it’s really a nice service. Sure you must pay 3 month but I think isn’t a problem!

Participant

+1 on astrill. Have its own troubles, as any VPN, but not a single major fluke for now.

Participant

Read the VPN reviews:

http://www.vpnmag.com/

Best VPN Service Providers

‘Hidemyass’ currently appears to be the top performer but how it performs in China may take a bit more research.

Participant

After messing around with various connection options, we’ve found HMA to work pretty well. If you have a connection problem, you can select the option to find a random open server address. That always works. Sometimes it’s slow, but then haven’t found any service that occationally isn’t. We have the HMA Pro, which means you pay a little more. I think it was about 80usd/yr, worth it. You can have two users, on two different computers, on one account also.

Participant

I tried HMA but for my experience too much slowly, I prefer Astrill…

Participant

I tried HMA but for my experience too much slowly, I prefer Astrill…

Participant

We’ve only tried HMA and don’t have anything else to compare to.

Participant

We’ve only tried HMA and don’t have anything else to compare to.

Oh VPN why you trouble me so!?

I’ve tried numerous services, and had all the troubles most of us have had, especially following the National Congress last year. My previous VPN never performed the same after that malarky. By chance I just received a free trial from Astrill as a previous customer, and as of moments ago had a 26 hour constant connection on L2TP. It’s not going to get much better than that.

Participant

Another +1 for Astrill – managed to keep going even through 八十大!

Participant

If you keep handing out accolades to a service and drawing attention to it then it wont work for much longer.

With HMA and a lot of the others you can’t even access them to sign up.

I just love the VPN service at deaddonkeys.com

That’s deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com deaddonkeys.com

Participant

I had issues with strong vpn a few months back but since changing the location of the server it was worked fine. No complaints about them from me. Their customer service is excellent.

Participant

I pay $55/yr for my StrongVPN package. They have an app now that manages the connection for you, so changing servers is extremely easy. They also have apps for various platforms which works the same…and customer service as AM said is great. Customer since 2008 now.

Participant

I just set my own up for $5 a month, surprisingly easy. You could have all your friends use the same one. This is what you need to do:

Setup an account at digitalocean.com and purchase a ‘droplet'(VPS) for $5 a month.

One click install their default linux version(Debian).

Download ‘putty’ and use it to connect to your server using the info digitalocean emails you.

Follow this guide to setup the VPN: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-setup-your-own-vpn-with-pptp

and this guide to connect to it using windows 7: http://www.pcworld.com/article/210562/how_set_up_vpn_in_windows_7.html

And thats it, worked first time for me, cheaper than a VPN service and you can have your friends use it too.

Participant

SoftEther…and its free 🙂

Participant

Nico! but with SoftEther you need a private server and after you can use the client?

Keymaster

If anyone here doesn’t have a VPN already set up and wants one to use for free for one month, send me a PM.

Participant

I am using shayuvpn atm and its great, but it only gave you 300mb for a month and if you run out of 300mb, you have to pay it…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.