Boxing Coach

HomeForumsIn ChengduBoxing Coach

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone.  I am coming to Chengdu in the new year to teach English and i am hoping to start coaching some good old fashion western boxing.  Its not going to be expensive and it will probably involve small groups of people but i am just wondering how many of you out there would be interested in learning to box or furthering your boxing skills??

Participant

yes, can we set up a day for training, since I am in leshan but would love to learn some basic technique

Participant

Hi Dave, yeah when I get to chengdu on Jan 16th I’m going to find out my schedule and what days would be best and I’ll let you know ok mate?

Participant

A good idea might be to start a WeChat “Sunday Afternoon Boxing” group or similar, and get people to join your group. Once it picks up interest, it can go pretty fast. From there on out you could communicate with everyone when/where and for how much they can join one of your sessions. The open fields at Sichuan University are a pretty popular location for these kind of things.

People are pretty familiar with this setup and it seems to work pretty well!

Good luck.

Participant

Yeah thats a good idea, once i get to China in middle Jan i think ill sort it out then.  ill have to source some training gear also but that should be easy.  I don’t want a massive group of people to be honest, i would prefer a smaller group of people who are genuinely interested in learning to box, technique and skill rather than a boxercise type class. but i agree it would be good to set up a WeChat group.
    thanks for the feedback, ill keep you posted.

Participant

I think that’s a big plus! I’m sure you’ll find some people.

Participant

Oh wow, can you say ‘luck’? I’m moving to Chengdu in March and would be really interested in training with you. Would you be open to beginners? I’ve done some sessions at an MMA gym but would basically be starting from scratch :/

Participant

great stuff, yeah of course.  I will hopefully be getting a mixed bag of abilities in the class and it will be mainly focusing on actual boxing and not just cardio and boxercise type shit! but of course technique and basics come first, but I’m hoping to tailor the class for all abilities.

Keymaster

That sounds like something that a few people I know might be interested in. What’s the best way to reach you? Add me on WeChat

Participant

hey Charlie I have added you on WeChat, ill start up a group and we can throw a few ideas together about how to get it all started.

my WeChat ID is – Philgreg9

add me on this and we can start some sort of group up. I’m new to WeChat so I’m useless with the app!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.