Breakfast Buffets in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduBreakfast Buffets in Chengdu?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any good buffet to eat breakfast in the city, i think this would be more american or european oriented but, are there any?

thank you!

Not that I know of. Maybe at one of the hotels. Someone needs to rectify this.

Keymaster

For sure, all of the hotels are the places to check for this. The Ritz Carlton I’m not certain about but the Shangri-La certainly has breakfast buffet and the Kempinski has a huge buffet as well (although I’m not certain about breakfast in particular). The Intercontinental Hotel has a breakfast buffet also.

I’ve been to the breakfast buffet at the Shangri-La and I would go there. They have both Western and Dimsum buffet there.

Participant

Thanks dan and charlie

I’ve been to the breakfast buffet at the Shangri-La and I would go there.

This is probably still the best breakfast in the city for choice that I know of. It’s been reduced a little some time ago, but there’s still a lot on offer.

I’m curious to know what Element Fresh at Tai Koo Li are doing for breakfasts. The Beijing Sanlitun location is a spot I always end up at when I’m there on account of the great breakfast menu.

Participant

I know it’s not buffet, but Bookworm does a great breakfast.

Participant

ANYONE KNOW time and cost for shangri la?

Keymaster

ANYONE KNOW time and cost for shangri la?

Pretty sure they do breakfast until 11am or so. I can’t remember the cost precisely but it’s a few hundred rmb. Something like 200rmb.

Participant

This buffets are so expensive 🙁
    in my ugly and corrupted country you can find a nice one around 50RMB
    i guess i have to stick to chinese food (not that i dont like it 😀 )

Keymaster

This buffets are so expensive :( in my ugly and corrupted country you can find a nice one around 50RMB i guess i have to stick to chinese food (not that i dont like it :D )

Yeah, that’s just how it is. Some things are much cheaper here, others are much more expensive. I’m in Europe now and have been shocked by how much cheaper certain things are. I go to the supermarket here and end up spending less than I would in Chengdu. That’s just the price of living in China, certain things come at a premium.

Participant

Yeah it really is a shame, when I was in thailand I was so amazed at the breakfast buffes and how cheap they were that I was considering spoiling myself with a daily buffee in China, then I noticed China is so much more expensive for that 🙁

Big, hearty breakfasts aren’t part of Chinese culture.

It’s lame. I love breakfast.

The Sunday all-you-can-eat dimsum brunch at Shangrila (different from the buffet) for 88RMB is a pretty good value though.

Participant

Yeah it really is a shame, when I was in thailand I was so amazed at the breakfast buffes and how cheap they were that I was considering spoiling myself with a daily buffee in China, then I noticed China is so much more expensive for that :(

I agree that one is super value but we get the feeling they don’t want us there whenever we go for that one, kind of makes sense because the other things on that menu is super expensive, but then they shouldn’t offer it if they don’t want people to buy it. but once they recognize we are there for the super cheap dimsum buffee it seems the staff wants to ignore us and not give us a table. One time they told us they were full yet it seemed they have plenty of tables.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.