Business Job Prospects in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBusiness Job Prospects in Chengdu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum but from what I have read this sounds like a great community, so I was hoping to get some insight. Basically I have a dream of working in China in the future and am very keen to live in a tier 2 city, but for some reason Chengdu has always been at the top of my list.

I currently live and work in Taiwan as a marketing consultant and have 3 years sales and marketing working experience. I have a Master’s in International Business and speak English, German and Dutch fluently as well as pretty decent Chinese (around HSK 4), but by the time I plan to move around CNY next year I’ll hopefully be quite fluent (although atm I can only read traditional characters).

I’m wondering if it would be easy to find a sales or marketing job in Chengdu (preferably with an international company)? Would I qualify for a work permit (I read somewhere you need a Masters degree and 2 years post graduation work experience)? What is the best way to go about landing a job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m quite happy here in Taiwan and very much enjoying learning Chinese, it’s just career development is quite slow here and salaries quite low. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help. If anyone is fascinated about working in Taiwan I’d be happy to share my experiences.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.