Where to Buy Beauty Oils?

HomeForumsIn ChengduWhere to Buy Beauty Oils?

• This topic has 17 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photokale.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everybody!

I’m moving to Chengdu this september to study chinese for a whole year, and I’m looking for a shop where I can buy organic beauty oils, such as jojoba, coconut, sweet almond…

I know it may be a little weird, but I’m used to make my own homemade creams and treatments and it would be great if I could easily find the ingredients in China.

Thanks for the help guys!!

😀

http://www.taobao.com

buy all the things

Participant

Thank you for the answer! 🙂 but I was hoping for a physical store…

Thank you anyway!

Participant

I think that ‘the body shop’ might have them, I think there is one in wanda plaza

or maybe even watsons (big chain store, findable in most shopping centres)

Keymaster

Watsons is a good suggestion, but I’m not sure if it will have all of these things. If you can, bring some of the harder to find items with you, or else you might have no choice but to get them on Taobao where they’ll probably be much more expensive than somewhere like the US.

Participant

once you are here, you may find taobao is actually your final solution:)

by the way, it would be interesting to know a little through which way you create beauty cream with the ingredients

Participant

It’s been three years now since I started making my own products, and right now I don’t use anything that I didn’t make myself- not shampoo, conditioner, scrubs or creams.

Although I’m not an expert, I like to experiment and find new ways to improve my skills… I’m always learning 😀

Participant

Thank everybody for your replies! I’m not familiar with taobao, I think the page is a little confusing for someone who’s still struggling wiht her chinese skills – I will try it, however 🙂

Keymaster

Thank everybody for your replies! I’m not familiar with taobao, I think the page is a little confusing for someone who’s still struggling wiht her chinese skills – I will try it, however

Taobao is hard to figure out at first, almost nothing on there is in English. It’s an online marketplace that is sort of like a combination of Amazon and eBay. There’s more information on it here: Taobao on Wikipedia

There are a handful of threads on the forum about Taobao as well:

Participant

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about buying ingredients from Taobao, I am Chinese, while a great place you should go is traditional Chinese medicine store (physical store) in which you can buy tons of different types of herb that can turn into the ingredients of your cream shampoo..etc. You may also become quite obsessed in the traditional medicine through the experimention of these raw herbal ingredients.

Participant

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about buying ingredients from Taobao, I am Chinese, while a great place you should go is traditional Chinese medicine store (physical store) in which you can buy tons of different types of herb that can turn into the ingredients of your cream shampoo..etc. You may also become quite obsessed in the traditional medicine through the experimention of these raw herbal ingredients.

Yaay that actually seems like a great idea! I’ll definetely have to check out the traditional medicine stores; do you know any good one, or should anyone be okay??

Thank you 😀

Participant

There’s a Wechat account(ycf3721) helps expats do all kinds of stuff including shop on Taobao, you can ask them to do it for you. They also have a website: http://yourchinesefriend.com/

Participant

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about buying ingredients from Taobao, I am Chinese, while a great place you should go is traditional Chinese medicine store (physical store) in which you can buy tons of different types of herb that can turn into the ingredients of your cream shampoo..etc. You may also become quite obsessed in the traditional medicine through the experimention of these raw herbal ingredients.

I suppose the majority of them are ok,
    Medicine store are mostly located along the main street, many of them both sell western and Chinese medicine, also there are some stores specifically sell Chinese herb
    would you like to leave an email address,I can leave some store’s names/ pics/ streets…. etc for you after consulting my friend who is always in sick and be healed by herbs

Participant

i know there`s a supermarket underneath 九方 called “belt or bolt”,  i think  you can find something you wanted in there, maybe i could take you there if i have time in the weekend

Participant

sorry, it`s  blt

Participant

i know there`s a supermarket underneath 九方 called “belt or bolt”, i think you can find something you wanted in there, maybe i could take you there if i have time in the weekend

Thank you! I’ll have to check itout then. I won’t arrive to Chengdu until this september though…

Participant

I’m about two years late but I’m just wondering were you able to find the oils you were looking for? I’m currently living in Chengdu

Participant

many places to go, you add my wechat: rssbar, i can send locations to you

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.