Calling All Vegans

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsCalling All Vegans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

Looking to meetup, hangout and get to know other vegans in the area.

Participant

You may have better luck on WeChat by joining one of the veg/vegan groups. ChengduExpat on WeChat has a nice post listing veg/vegan restaurants. I’ve met one other vegetarian the almost 3 weeks I’ve been in Chengdu. I have found it very difficult to maintain a veg diet here. Not knowing any Chinese and the majority of locals not speaking English makes eating out a challenge. If I stay here till summer a friend and I may do a veg/vegan potluck and/or pick-nick. I’ll let you know if that becomes a reality.

Participant

Thank you for your reply Svapna, but I couldn’t disagree more. There’s a ton of vegan options at most Chinese restaurants and proper vegan restaurants around the temples, Lotus on the water is a great one. Fake meats, amazing veggie dishes and even mushroom based packets of jerky you can buy for 2 qua each. There’s also a full blown vegan buffet down town. I found it using the Happy Cow app.

I just want to make some vegan friends! If anyone knows someone who is not a carnist and also wants to meet other like minded folks please send them my way!

Thank you!

Participant

I should also mention Lotus on the water has an English menu. I don’t speak Chinese very well either. I just look it up on my phone and figure it out with the server. Once they grok it, you can always go back – they never forget you. Hope that helps.

Vegans or vegetarians in transition – let’s hang!

Participant

I’ll check that happy cow app and Lotus on the Water out. I’ve been here less than 3 weeks and have not explored much outside my area. Thanks for the tips.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.