Hiring Ceremony Boys for Car Expo

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring Ceremony Boys for Car Expo

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys, there gonna be a car exhibition in chengdu from 8.30 to 9.8. We are looking for 8 white males.

Job: Ceremony boy (you dont need to talk to the people in Chinese)

Time: 8.30-9.8 9am-5pm

Place: New Exhibition Center 新城南天府大道中段 Xinchengnantianfu Road, you can take a subway and get off at the 世纪城 shijicheng stop

Payment: 400/day Free lunch included

You had better to be available for the 10 days.

Anyone who is interested in this job please send me your photo(not naked= =) of your whole body, tell me your name, age ,cellphone number and height.

My email: [email protected]

Participant

sorry but 400 yuan is really a cheap price  for 8 hours/day…

Participant

sorry but 400 yuan is really a cheap price for 8 hours/day…

well maybe for foreigners it’s a little bit, but in china it’s quite much for ceremony boys especially for those who just stand there….. Cause if you are a model than the price will be so much higher.

You know for a chinese who do the same job, usually it’s 100/day and there are still a lot of people want the job.

Participant

ahahahah I know this Bellamy, mine is only a suggestion… if you want a Lǎowài, is better if you increase your offer…

Participant

ahahahah I know this Bellamy, mine is only a suggestion… if you want a Lǎowài, is better if you increase your offer…

I know… But it is not me who are in charge of this stuff.. I’m just help my friend to find someone. That’s the money they offered, so there’s nothing i can do to increase the payment…

Participant

Bellamy,

Might I enlighten you on the economics of this situation and hopefully clarify for Federico.

There’s a basic principle at work here, namely, supply and demand.  The demand for a good, a commodity or service is apparent, in this case a specific number of white ceremony boys.

Now that the demand is understood, you’ve utilized this here forum as a source of supply or a way to engage the market to in some way fill your demand.

So lets, digest your critique of Federico for calling you out on low-balling.  As you state, Chinese would gladly eat up the chance to spend a day standing around for 100元.  However, might I remind you that white boys are not Chinese, meaning there are far fewer white boys ergo creating a disproportion supply.

Whereas you on average can find an excess of Chinese people in China (how often have your heard someone mutter under their breath 中国人太多了while on the subway to work?), you’ll find that white boys are in short supply.  They’re a hot market commodity in high demand.

Let’s look at another simple set of proportions to better understand the difference in demand for both a Chinese ceremony boy and a white ceremony boy.  Your suggested payment of 400元 a day compared to a good Chinese price, 100元.  4:1.  However, if you’re to account for the population differences of roughly 700,000:50,000, it’s quickly apparent how things don’t quite line up.

I’m not advocating you make an offer more comparable to population disparity (which would imply you pay more in line with 1400元 per day [as an afterthought this seems like a pretty spot-on figure for this sort of gig] ), but to defend yourself of criticism and remain stolidly inflexible regarding pay, you might find yourself out of luck finding folks.

Give 1000元 a day consideration and you’ll easily get takers.

In summation, don’t be a butthead to folks who are offering realistic advice.  You’d never go to a vegetable market and assail a person on their prices and attempt to gain the favor of his or her fellow salesmen.  You’ll get nowhere real fast.

Regards,

Jacob Klink

Participant

Mr.Klink

Thanks for your long respond. (I always find foreigners are more willing to respond  a long paragraph than chinese haha) As i told Federico, i’m not the on in charge. I’m also the one work for the others. If i were the boss, i might increase the payment.

I understand what you said about the white guys, but as i said, they are not expected to do anything except for standing there. So it’s way different from a handsome model whose payment might reach to 10000 per day.  Maybe my tone of the last reply wasnt not that ‘friendly’…. but i didnt mean to butt to someone.

Regards

Bellamy

Participant

No Bellamy don’t worry, Jacob only clarified the position… a nice day

Participant

poor, why would you need some whites to stand by the car to sell the cars to non-white? pay for your own sick.

Participant

is 400 really that low for for an unskilled job? i know what you guys are trying to say with supply and demand, 400 works out to be about 12,000 a month ( if one was keen and worked every day ) which from what i’ve seen is more than alot of english teachers are getting paid ( a skilled job ) and as far i know they are REALLY in demand. and as for 1,000 a day?/30,000 a month ( if one was keen ) isn’t that more than 70% of foreigners here are getting paid? i think for 1,000rmb a day for doing a non skilled job there would be a huge influx of foreigners coming here.

Though i could be wrong 🙂

Participant

Bellamy,

Age 18-30 are young men..NOT boys. 400/day is insulting! Typical case of adding insult to injury. Then you are hiding behind the paymaster? Applications are closing when??Dress code??

Participant

Well…come on everyone…. could you guys stop aiming at me?! I’m just a girl who did the job assigned by my boss!! I know you guys arent satisfied about the payment. But i’m not the one who pay those young men…. I need to give the info of those guys tomorrow afternoon, but if someone are interested in the work….I dont know if i can give the info to my boss later. They didnt tell me the dress code, cause you can only know after you are employed…

Participant

Cat Cafe pays their (feline) models more than that…
    Bellamy, ignore these guys, it’s all fun.

Participant

Well…come on everyone…. could you guys stop aiming at me?! I’m just a girl who did the job assigned by my boss!! I know you guys arent satisfied about the payment. But i’m not the one who pay those young men…. I need to give the info of those guys tomorrow afternoon, but if someone are interested in the work….I dont know if i can give the info to my boss later. They didnt tell me the dress code, cause you can only know after you are employed…

Bellamy I understand you and I know isn’t your problem 😉 I think everyone here too…

Participant

Saw this on Gochengdoo

Beware: Car show job scam

I was approached to help my friend find some models for the car show, however it looks like the client side on this job is a cheat and since I refused to work with them after finding some potential models for them they are still finding people to help them look for models at lower and lower pay.

The information from my friend is that this employer plans to promise to pay after the event and then disappear, so please be careful everyone!

Participant

Iona

are you sure about this? cause it’s also my friend who ask me to find someone for her, I dont really know her boss. I also saw another ad on gochengdoo, so I asked her about that, but she said there’re several different exhibition. Cause i was planning go back home at first, but she asked me to help her. I did ask her whether those people can get paid, she said if they go their they will definitely get the money. i dont wanna waste my time to find someone for her and they still cheat on those people.

Participant

I don’t about the source or the accuracy but posted it as it’s relevant to the thread.

Keymaster

Ceremony boys? What?

Participant

That’s kind of hilarious. I think this is the most misunderstood concept behind pay, “I understand what you said about the white guys, but as i said, they are not expected to do anything except for standing there.”

It doesn’t matter what you expect them to do. The fact is, you’re requesting 10 consistent days of their time. Regardless whether they’re sweeping floors, teaching English, developing hot-assed software, or “just standing there” the fact is most every “white boy” can find a much more profitable (and probably more engaging/fun) way to make 400rmb in much less than a *full* day. Like, say, teach english for 2-3 hours? Less if they have some niche going on. Plus, they don’t have to stand there looking like retards while Chinese gawk on, “Look at those poor white men, hope they get free lunch!” You really want to be the one with your photo taken being a “400 kuai/day do-nothing stand there because yer white” person?

Good luck with that 😀 I’m betting it’d cost a lot more to buy foreign dignity, at *least* 1000 per day of embarrassment.. I like Klink’z surprisingly accurate calculation better, 1400 you would likely find some.

I will do it for 10,000 a day. Payment up front. Thanks.

Ceremony Boys.

Word.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.