Changing to Z visa – HK or SF?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChanging to Z visa – HK or SF?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anybody changed an L visa to a Z visa in San Francisco (or any other Chinese embassy in the US). I understand from other threads that they turn it around quickly in HK, but I’d rather do it in SF. I’ll have a couple weeks to get it done.

Participant

I just dealt with the China Consulate in Vancouver, it was quick – I presume it’s equally as fast in the US. You can pay for faster service if you need to, but really it doesn’t matter where you apply as long as you have all your paperwork in order.

Quote:
    I just dealt with the China Consulate in Vancouver, it was quick

This place was like the Twilight Zone when I got my visas there, though they were definitely quick when I paid the extra for express service. I just remember the place being filled with the queue stretching all the way round the room, kept in check by a Chinese ‘security guard’ who never seemed quite sure. Little did I know…

Participant

It’s different now – foreigners apply at a different office down the street. The security guard is a local – big guy with a goatee.. I used his computer to write a letter (apparently the court thing gave me visa issues, hence going back to Canada, had to write a letter saying basically “please let me renew, pleeeeease”..and it worked). Both when I went and applied and when I picked up there were no lines – I think I waited about 3 minutes combined to get served 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.