Chengdu Defense Attorney Stories?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Defense Attorney Stories?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A slightly informative article on finding an attorney in Chengdu. Anyone have any stories?

Keymaster

This looks almost like an article template where they just inserted the word Chengdu everywhere. I think Rick has some experience with this, though.

Participant

Yeah.. I don’t know where to even begin. I ended up with two of ’em and I think they were both useless. The process in court also goes in a circle – literally – like prosecutor makes a statement to indicate guilt, then you get a chance to respond (while sitting in the middle of the court room on a little chair, I took a pencil & paper to write on my knee) – then your defense attourney(s), then the judge..repeat. I suppose many people can just hold their tongue, but I did all the defending myself – too easy when they have a penchant for logical inconsistency and just general making no sense.

One of the triumvirate of judges literally fell asleep towards the later part of the day, also. The one who was the “people’s representative” or whatever. Just some random peasant who is supposed to be involved to make it all seem more fair. Fun stuff.

Keymaster

Thanks for your input Rick. As someone who has never had any involvement with the Chinese legal system, that is exactly how I imagined it being.

Participant

Yeah – it was a ridiculous dog and pony show. When it was all finally ended and they reached a verdict, at the *last possible moment* before my bail expired (whole jerkoff session took a year), I went in, stood infront of the judge, he basically said about 2 sentences, ending in.. “free to go.” I said, what? that’s it? What now? Do I need to sign something or print my thumbprint or .. anything?

Everyone just left the room. Nobody could tell me if I had do to anything else, or whether it actually meant NOT GUILTY as in no criminal record or guilty but no punishment or what. It was all done, and I was left there holding my cock, thinking.. what the fuck just happened.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.