Chengdu Panda Research Center

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu Panda Research Center

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I will be staying near the airport and want to take a taxi to the Panda Research Center. I understand the drive would be about an hour – is that correct? How much should I expect to pay for the taxi? Once at the Research Center, is it easy to find one’s way around without a guide ? I do not read or speak Chinese. Or would it be better to hire a guide to take me around the center? I want to see the babies first and intend to get there early in the morning. Any helpful information will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Participant

Hi Debbie, welcome to Chengdu.^_^。 Yes, it takes around an hour to drive from airport to panda reserach center without taffic jam. and the center opens from 07:30am to 18;00pm. I think it is easy to find your way to see the baby pandas since all scenic spot signs are in English. have a good time.

Keymaster

Taxi there should be less than 100rmb – I’m not sure exactly how much to be honest but it is not that much (especially compared to how much taxis cost in the West). Go in the morning, if possible. Language should be no issue, there is a constant, large influx of foreign travelers at the Panda Base. Have fun.

Participant

thanks your advices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.