Any Experiences with Chengdu University?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAny Experiences with Chengdu University?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I’ll be studying at Chengdu University for 5 months from September and wondering whether anyone has any recent experience there.

It it seems far out of the city?! I’d be keen to hear about the local area, transport availability, access to a gym, teaching quality, dorm room standards.

id basically appreciate information on anything!

cheers, Emma

Participant

I went there for two semesters in 2013, it is kind of far outside the city, but its not too bad. It was super easy to get to and from the city during the day, but after the busses stop around 10:00 pm i think, you just have to use taxis. The school is in a pretty small town, but there are lots of little restaurants and shops, and everything is super cheap!  When I went there the dorms weren’t bad at all, you get your own room and bathroom, ac/heat, internet,  and there’s a shared kitchen and washing machine on each floor. I have friends who are still there and they said the dorms are being redone this summer too! There is a gym on campus that you have access too, but I’m not sure what its like. The classes were really small and all the teachers were awesome. We would usually follow lessons from textbooks, but we were also able to discuss topics we were interested in and do fun things together, like learning to make dumplings or going on little field trips etc. I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any other questions

Participant

Thank you for your detailed info. I ended up applying for Sichuan Uni as I was concerned this is too far out!

Regards, Emma

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.