Chinanigans – Webcomic about China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinanigans – Webcomic about China

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m a cartoonist and illustrator living here in Chengdu, and I’ve started a little webcomic titled Chinanigans (also on Facebook)

Here I hope to paint a humorous and lighthearted image of the funny and strange occurrences that many foreigners experience when living in China and adapting to it’s unique culture. But for this I need your help, I’m just one person with limited experiences in this country, and I want to share as many different points of view from all different kinds of foreigners, so I invite you all to visit my page and submit your own China story/tale/anecdote, I will review all appropriate submissions, turn then into a comic, and share them online.

At the moment I’m only accepting submissions through my Tumblr and Facebook page, so please don’t send any private messages through this forum, but you’re welcome to send any stories you might have through the Tumblr submit section or on a message through Facebook. I look forward to read about your funny stories, and I hope you enjoy the comic!

– Rafael

Keymaster

Cool project, nice looking comics. I will submit some ideas.

Participant

Yeah Rafael’s stuff is really good! I know he also does some graphic design too

Participant

Thanks Charlie, I’ll be updating the page pretty soon with some new comics and your ideas, and I look forward to hear some more.

Participant

awesome. nice to meet you!!

i’m a freelance illustrator too! i’m a local people by the way.

we could talk about arts and chengdu things sometimes. 😀

Participant

Hello again guys, holiday shopping has kept me busy but as promised here’s a new update, more to come soon!

Today’s comic: Public Urination!

Participant
    Participant

Happy New Year Chendgu!

To celebrate 2016 here’s a new comic, hope you like it! New Year’s Party in China

Participant

Took a small hiatus but I’m back with more comics, please spread the love!

Battle of the Zodiacs

Also check out more Chinanigans at http://www.chinaningans-in-china.tumblr.com

Keymaster

Those links were broken, I fixed them up for you.

Participant

Thanks Charlie!

Participant

Hey guys, wanted to wish you all a Happy Spring Festival, so I made a comic for today’s holiday, enjoy!  Chinanigans

Follow us also on Facebook

Participant

Hey there, I’m back after a brief absence, changing the format of the comic a bit and trying to make them longer, I hope you like the changes

Today’s comic is inspired by Chengdu’s changing weather, and I couldn’t help throwing in a reference to a popular fantasy-drama TV show 😉

Just when you thought spring had finally arrived…

Follow us on Tumblr and Facebook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.