Suspiciously Cheap VPN?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSuspiciously Cheap VPN?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Recently every google service was blocked, I don’t want to switch to any other service provider like Baidu. But the free VPN is heavily blocked. You can’t get a stable service.

I started to consider paid VPN. A very famous US vpn provider came into my view. Have servers at most countries, support plenty protocols… but, it is very cheap, a year plan cost you only 6 US dollars.

Also I notice that under the heavy blockade in China. This VPN’s home page unexpectedly is not blocked.

That’s not a logical situation. This VPN’s customer comment page leaves a lot of foreigners’ thanks and gratitude of the help while they traveled to China.

It all look like this VPN is born for China.

The low price seems couldn’t afford the labor price in US or any western countries. Even if they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers. The server cost, the staff’s salary, other paid VPNs all can’t provide a price so low.

Needlessly to say this VPN didn’t limit your bandwidth or your monthly packages.

Is it possible that this VPN is a honey pot which provides cheap services for foreigners, but collect privacy of the Chinese people. So they can satisfy the foreign business needs, while keep an eye on Chinese people.

It is not the first time foreigners are used to help powerful people in China, and the NSA surveillance program makes US VPN’s dignity doubtful. I am not a citizen of the United States.

Although I don’t have too much to worry about. But stepping into a shit hole with fraud is not an exciting experience. Not mention that QQ, Sougou Chinese input method, domestic software including virus killing software and firewall are all scanning user disk here.

Which method do you use to access google and which vpn do you recommend at an affordable price?

想多了.

$6 a month isn’t even that cheap. I paid $55 for a whole year. I also use my VPN to research how to overthrow governments, share military secrets, and try to undermine the NSA, and nothing has happened to me.

Don’t be so paranoid. Get a trusted VPN and enjoy the wonderful world of cat videos on youtube.

Participant

Ziich is correct. I was once a personable, socially-vibrant guy, the life of the party, some said. Then i inadvertently discovered a Japanese internet cat sensation named Maru. However, you need youtube to view most of Maru’s videos. Got a VPN. Have not been out socially for 9 months mow…

Participant

He said $6 a year, not month…

Participant

$6 a year seems f’d up, never heard of a plan like that, why don’t you provide the name of the host so we can do some investigation?

Keymaster

$6 a year is suspiciously cheap, I would be highly doubtful of the service they can provide at that price. Expect to pay $50-$75 a year. It’s worth it.

Participant

Major concern is that the VPN provider’s home page is not blocked here. That’s the most worry. Forget it, I’ll keep using my free VPN. It is coming back and youtube is ok to watch.

Participant
    Participant

Thanks for the article dvcd, very interesting, and fuck, looks like big ‘Xi has moved on from just owning up all police/military forces and now wants to own up all the control of information moreso than before, fuck, centralisation has struck Sichuan’s net! *cries a bit* Must…..Escape……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.