Sending a Bike to Australia?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSending a Bike to Australia?

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Avatar photomei.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hi guys,  i have a bike in chengdu, now its in my friend’s apartment, but he is leaving chengdu for good after 10 weeks, i am just wondering that is there any cheap and safe way to deliver my bike from chengdu to south australia?  thank you.

Contact the guys at Natooke bike shop. They have boxes and stuff for sending bikes and can even tell you how to take one with you on the plane.

Participant

Depending on the airline, you can bring it as a piece of checked luggage. Be very clear and careful when discussing this with the airline so as to not have any unforeseen problems. I took a bike back to American and was great on the flights from Chengdu to Beijing to Chicago (all on Hainan), but the domestic flight home from Chicago (on United…) was a nightmare and ended up costing me like $150 and they damaged the bike…

Don’t skimp on the packaging for the bike.

Keymaster

Depending on the airline, you can bring it as a piece of checked luggage. Be very clear and careful when discussing this with the airline so as to not have any unforeseen problems. I took a bike back to American and was great on the flights from Chengdu to Beijing to Chicago (all on Hainan), but the domestic flight home from Chicago (on United…) was a nightmare and ended up costing me like $150 and they damaged the bike… Don’t skimp on the packaging for the bike.

Good tips. I’ve heard the same thing also. I almost took a bike back to the states last month but cancelled that plan when I found that the domestic flight from SF to DC would cost $200. Might as well just ship it from here and not worry about all the hassle. As Chris has already said, Natooke is the place.

Participant

thank you guys for all the information, the situation is im at south australia, and the bike is at chengdu, my friend is back to Europe, currenly i have no plan back to china. but i have an australia friend will fly from Melbourne to haikou end of may, but he will not be in chengdu.  what kind deliver that Natooke can do?   thank u.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.