DJing in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDJing in Chengdu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve recently moved to Chengdu from the UK, and I’m looking to get more involved in the underground music scene her. I love underground dance music, in particular house, techno and disco, but also dub and jungle/ dnb. I regularly DJ in the UK and have a residency at an underground club there, and I’d really like to get more involved with the promoters and clubs here, perhaps even DJ here. Especially as I’ve heard that Chengdu’s underground music scene is really up-and-coming at the moment, I’d love to be apart of that and bring some of my experiences from the UK’s scene to Chengdu’s.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can get more involved in the underground music community here? I love going out to clubs etc. but as dance music is such a big passion of mine, I’d really like to personally get involved in the scene here, rather than just be a consumer.

Thanks x

Keymaster

There is an underground scene in Chengdu but it is not as big as it was a few years ago. If you are familiar with the Poly Center, a lot of things were happening there until pretty recently (TAG is still there, on the top floor, which is a house/techno club). Another club to check out is Taiga, they frequently host house and techno events. Drum & bass is not so big here unfortunately. Add me on WeChat and I can add you to some music-related groups (I am a DJ also).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.