Eggs & Cholesterol

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEggs & Cholesterol

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 243 total)
  • Author

Just realized that I posted the wrong video. If you watched it before and was like “wtf does this have to do with anything, go and watch it again.”

This guy is probably autistic or something.

And they played “Golden Brown” by The Stranglers

I did watch it and I laughed my arse of. Tom Cruise does indeed make distorted faces whilst running in every damn movie!! Who knew!?

I caught some of this guys lifting snips, including one where he’s wearing OTT heavy joker/clown make up, suffice to say I need to see more. Funny guy.

Keymaster

This thread, goddamn this thread. Sometimes useful, often hilarious, more often just bro-science retarded. Like an itch i just can’t stop scratching. May it reach 300 posts…. @Charlie: I’ll take scrawny ass chicken-leg Jackman anyday. Shit, recently i got likened to Nic Cage. Ego = annihilated….New thread: “people say i look like….(insert name)….

You got compared to our lord of glory and splendor, the One True God Nicolas Cage? You should be honored.

Participant

Dog’s been doing it right!

View post on imgur.com

Participant

Put a lazy person on any equipment and they’re wasting their time. I gotta say, i love the swiss ball. 4 minute plank or 4 minutes on facebook. i know which one i’d take…..

Read this article and had to think of you Ray: http://www.t-nation.com/training/superhuman-planks

Cliffnotes:
    A plank should be a very intense, full body contraction that lasts only 8-10 seconds, not some bastardized version of a yoga pose you sustain for 10 minutes.

Most people treat the plank more as a marathon, seeing how long they can hold a position, most of the time topping out at a minute or three, all while exhibiting the same amount of intensity needed to casually flip through a magazine conveniently placed under their nose during the exercise.

If you can do anything other than focus on not blacking out while performing a plank, you’re doing them wrong.

Sorry. Just couldn’t let this one pass by. 😉

Participant

27 second google search uncovered 11.6 websites contradicting that last statement 🙂
    An 8 second “contraction”. I call that a breath 🙂

Keymaster

I stopped using machines entirely over 6 months ago and only use free weights now. Mostly dumbbells actually, with kettle bells and barbells from time to time. It’s a lot simpler but sometimes it makes me question why I’m paying for gym membership with such a low-tech approach. But so far this is the best method that I’ve tried. Generally speaking, I find machines more restricting and awkward than anything.

Participant

Generally speaking, I find machines more restricting and awkward than anything.

And out of context this sentence alone is great.

Participant

it’s back! Have a love/hate relationship with this thread but this post on reddit is worthwhile reading.

ELI5: Why are crossfitters looked down upon by the bodybuilding community? from explainlikeimfive

(I mean the first comment. Then it gets into the usual reddit circlejerk/haha-ing B.S)

Participant

So, we all still squatting?

Did we ever stop?

On the real though, 我不会 deadlift

Participant

I’m talking about weighted backsquats Chris, not toiletsquats.

Participant

Thailand has been treating me well, almost the entire year I peaked towards settings some big PRs for me. Tipped off at 480 deadlift and 380 squat 1RMs late 2015. Although I’ve lost quite some strength since then already. I’ll be back in town soon, curious to feel what squatting in a Respro mask is like.

Also started reading the Four Hour Body. Feeling stupid for laughing with it a few years ago, it’s actually a very interesting read. Not everything in it is for me, but definitely some stuff in there I’d like to experiment with.

I want to bump this thread again and check in on anyone who’s still regularly working out in Chengdu. If you’ve been here for anything over 2-3 years and are halfway serious about fitness, you’ll have seen the landscape for gyms change significantly in that time. Many new commercial gym locations across the city, including a 24 hour option (b-active), and the gradual proliferation of CrossFit boxes. I’ve seen many private training gyms pop up in this time also.

Curious to know where (serious) folks are training, and how. Also curious to know if you’re using any of the growing number of health food services appearing in Chengdu. I’m seeing several food delivery companies that provide Macro based nutrition options. A far cry from the situation in Chengdu not so long ago.

Keymaster

I want to bump this thread again and check in on anyone who’s still regularly working out in Chengdu. If you’ve been here for anything over 2-3 years and are halfway serious about fitness, you’ll have seen the landscape for gyms change significantly in that time. Many new commercial gym locations across the city, including a 24 hour option (b-active), and the gradual proliferation of CrossFit boxes. I’ve seen many private training gyms pop up in this time also. Curious to know where (serious) folks are training, and how. Also curious to know if you’re using any of the growing number of health food services appearing in Chengdu. I’m seeing several food delivery companies that provide Macro based nutrition options. A far cry from the situation in Chengdu not so long ago.

Hello old thread!

I am still going to the same gym that I’ve been going to for years (QSL in the Software Park) but my membership is up in a few months and I am thinking to not renew this time since it has not improved in the 3 years I’ve been there. Any suggestions on places to check out?

Which food delivery places are you referring to? I eat Green Food basically daily, and enjoy their salads. I haven’t tried any other health-oriented delivery places, although I occasionally still order from not-healthy delivery places like Munchwich and Mike’s Pizza Kitchen.

We just got some parallel bars and pull up bars in my complex so I’ve been sticking with a body weight exercise regimen instead of finding a gym. I was skeptical at first, but I’m in surprisingly good shape without lifting weights. I’ve definitely lost some mass, especially in my legs and chest, without a squat rack and bench. But anyways, not having gym access isn’t a legit excuse for not working out.

On another note, I’ve stopped taking creatine after I noticed my hair thinning… damnit.

Participant

I’m seeing several food delivery companies that provide Macro based nutrition options. A far cry from the situation in Chengdu not so long ago.

Can you elaborate? Diet is where I struggle, even cooking for myself and eating pretty clean. I don’t really measure out my food or track my daily intake though. Green Foods doesn’t care about those of us up north 🙁

Participant
    Participant

We just got some parallel bars and pull up bars in my complex so I’ve been sticking with a body weight exercise regimen instead of finding a gym. I was skeptical at first, but I’m in surprisingly good shape without lifting weights. I’ve definitely lost some mass, especially in my legs and chest, without a squat rack and bench. But anyways, not having gym access isn’t a legit excuse for not working out.

On another note, I’ve stopped taking creatine after I noticed my hair thinning… damnit.

Re no gym chest: download one of those “100 Pushups” apps. I haven’t benched in over a year and when I noticed some loss of mass I gave that a try (because it was something I could do outside of my workout regimen and only took ~10 minutes) I quickly went from 10-15 reps for a total of 75 to 30-40 reps sets for a total of 200 pushups a few times per week. That took me <2 months and chest started growing fast again.

How does everyone feel about those fitness trackers/heart rate monitors (fitbit, xiaomi miband, smartwatches etc.) Worth it or not?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 243 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.