Eggs & Cholesterol

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEggs & Cholesterol

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    Add chicken, chicken, broccoli, chicken, brown rice, potatoes, chicken, vegetables and chicken

Don’t forget to add some chicken to that.

Keymaster

Most Brotastic thread ever

FwM8T.jpg

Participant

OK, i’ll say my piece and definitively end this debate;

Snake Plissken. Escape From New York. Snake’s running, running, running, cos he’s gotta save the President and his own ass. Snake is solid, he’s got some abs, decent set of shoulders. BUT SNAKE IS LEAN! LEAN and MEAN! Saved his ass. Kept us all safe….Again, lean and mean….

Participant

Now that that song’s in my head.. ‘Snake Eater!’

Real talk, nothing wrong with bacon, imo.

True.

Snake was in beast mode.

hadn’t lifted in a week and a half god i felt so skinny and weak

Participant

Big man, try 20 burpees (real burpees, full leg extension, straight back), rest one minute, then 19, rest one min, then 18….if you can get down to 10 you win my eternal respect…

Elias, get the eff back from Hong Kong already. I need someone to take vids of my squat and deadlift for a form check.

Participant

Who’s gonna check it? I’ve been wanting to do this myself as well.

Pretty sure I’m doing it better than the average Chinese deadlifter hahaha, oh man the things you see here.

Interested in your diets. I know Ray does some funky stuff with yogurt and whatnot.

I want to get into blending fruit/veg smoothies but don’t know where to start. Also I started giving oatmeal a try for the nutrition and because it’s cheap. Thought it was pretty gross at first, but threw in some eggs, onions, garlic, butter, and salt which makes it pretty nice. Chicken/beef recipes? And where do you buy your food?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Interested in your diets. I know Ray does some funky stuff with yogurt and whatnot.

I want to get into blending fruit/veg smoothies but don’t know where to start. Also I started giving oatmeal a try for the nutrition and because it’s cheap. Thought it was pretty gross at first, but threw in some eggs, onions, garlic, butter, and salt which makes it pretty nice. Chicken/beef recipes? And where do you buy your food?

Yeah Ray has a yogurt maker that he got off Taobao. I’m interested in learning more about that also. I was eating yogurt everyday a year ago but I got noticeably fatter (225 lbs at my heaviest) so I stopped that. Buying yogurt isn’t cheap either, the 8yuan small packages you get at Carrefour are like a single serving for me.

Oatmeal is great, I eat it everyday, but I don’t add anything but cinnamon and raisins. Tastes great with hot water, I don’t bother adding anything else although you can.

As for chicken, it’s easy to get at any market (the huge Yulin food market is across the street from me and there’s a small local market directly below me) but beef is a little harder. Most of the beef you find at normal markets is low quality so you’ll probably want to go to a meat market to find higher quality beef. It’s not as cheap as chicken though, which is really cheap. There are a million chicken recipes, the most basic is stir fry with soy sauce, garlic, basically whatever you like.

Participant

Wow, Charlie, seriously? 225lbs? Sounds a lot since we are about the same height. I’ve never been more than 205lbs, but then again my bone structure is rather ectomorph 🙂

I also don’t think yoghurt is the way to go if you want to get bigger. All the carbs in there are just sugar, which you should avoid at all cost because it causes insuline spikes (and thus fat storage). It’s definately tasty in a smoothie though. Has anyone ever seen cottage cheese for sale in Chengdu?

I always buy all my food (veggies, fruit, chicken, beef, eggs, potatoes, rice) at a place I call “Vegetable Heaven”. It’s located at the intersection between Lansejialebi and Sichuan uni south gate. Here’s the map:

map.jpg

And some pictures:

market.jpg

market2.jpg

market3.jpg

It’s ridiculously cheap and you can find everything you need in there! Hell I’ve only been to Carrefour once since I arrived back in Chengdu in September 🙂

EDIT: Oh and Chris, lose the butter and salt!

Quote:
    Who’s gonna check it? I’ve been wanting to do this myself as well.

Pretty sure I’m doing it better than the average Chinese deadlifter hahaha, oh man the things you see here.

My weightlifting bros over at my secret website (seriously, endoftheinter.net) critique my lifts.

I’ve been having moderate pain where my thighs meet my hips, in the front, so I’m thinking something needs to change with my form or I have to foam roll the piss out of it, and work in some mobility exercises or something. And deadlifts always need work haha

But yeah you see sooo much horrible form at gyms everywhere. Throwing their back into standing barbell curls, deadlifts that are more like SLDLs, half squats, benching like they’re begging for a shoulder injury, etc.

Quote:

I lost a bunch of mass here in China, unfortunately.

Back home, I ate a ton of beef and over 2 liters of milk per day.

Here, eggs have become my staple food.

Eating 12 a day gets me ~70g of protein and ~900 calories.

I’d like to start eating a ton more chicken.

Brendan is probably most informed about clean dieting and clean bulking.

Quote:
    I was eating yogurt everyday a year ago but I got noticeably fatter (225 lbs at my heaviest

Eat big, lift big, get big.

Quote:
    I always buy all my food (veggies, fruit, chicken, beef, eggs, potatoes, rice) at a place I call “Vegetable Heaven”.

Ya I’ve got a similar place I get my eggs and stuff at.

A dozen eggs for ~7 yuan #yahbro

Participant

Buy a yoghurt maker; even the 40 kuai ones work fine. use shop-bought yoghurt as your starter culture (about 50 ml to 900 ml milk). Not 100% fat free, but pretty good, or you can buy the starter culture too. Awesome source of protein. of course, you wanna sue low-fat milk.

Danielle (lovesiwo) pulled my coat to a store selling Tibetan yoghurt. Sounds promising…

Re: veggies: i hope you guys are soaking them for at least twenty minutes to remove the nasty stuff. use a dishwashing liquid that’s safe for this. The Amway one is good and safe

Participant

Big big big. How about toned, proportioned, healthy? Ever see tri-athletes? That’s what i’m talking about…

Participant

But they’re not Arnie 🙁

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Eat big, lift big, get big.

I did eat big and I got fat, that was the point of my post. Watch what you eat because not all weight is equal. Go easy on dairy especially.

Quote:
    Big big big. How about toned, proportioned, healthy?

Exactly. Getting big is easy. Getting lean weight is not.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 243 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.