Expats learning Tai Chi?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionExpats learning Tai Chi?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does any expats have any interesting stories of learning Tai Chi? would have been cool to learn in China but probably a lot more cool to do in the mountains rather than in the middle of Chengdu pollution.

Participant

what’s tai chi!

Participant

I’m also interested in finding this

Participant

I still have vivid memories of getting dumped off with a few people near some beach in Sanya at like 5:30am after a *rough* night, and seeing a HUGE SWARM of old people practicing Tai Chi on the beach. It was actually a super beautiful site – the sun rising, the beach clean (the hordes hadn’t hit it yet), and old people slowly moving their hands in seemingly synchronous patterns. Sanya has amazingly fresh air for China, and I’d imagine that’d be the place I would go if I wanted to practice Tai Chi.

Participant

What would be a standard pricerange for people wanting to learn/practice Tai Chi with a shifu? A lot of the fighting sports (on this forum) are priced around foreigners and often cost like ~500rmb/month. I would be surprised if the same would be true for something like Tai Chi.

Participant

for people wanting to learn/practice Tai Chi with a shifu?

The same people who practice tai chi in the mornings also wait in line for cheap baozi for like an hour daily, maybe you can bargain with breaded treats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.