Experienced American Teacher Looking for a Job

HomeForumsIn ChengduExperienced American Teacher Looking for a Job

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! I’m Tina, 29 and have been living in Chengdu for 3 years. I can speak English (american accent) and Spanish (Caribbean accent) fluently. I also know enough Chinese to give kids instructions as necessary or to help explain things.

I have taught every age from 2-75 and I currently teach adults on the weekends and at a preschool during the week. i love my job but I hate my company so I’m looking for a better situation. I am a student in the mornings so I’m looking for a job in a public school or kindergarten inside Chengdu on afternoons (thursday can be all day). I’d prefer part time since I am only available for about 20 classes per week. I hope to be paid at least 100 per class (in a public school: 15, 35, or 45 minutes class) OR around 8000 for 80 classes a month (I’m a little flexible about this so ask me) and hope the schedule is mostly in the afternoons. I am awful at 1-1 with kids so please dont ask me about this, especially if the student is under 6! I prefer classes of less than 25 (child) students whenever possible (adult student class size doesnt matter at all).

For training schools, I ask 200 per hour and can teach IELTS, test prep, culture, Intermediate, advanced and business english. I can also teach spanish and art.

about my teaching style:
    With very young kids I prefer to keep in constant movement, so my class has a lot of dancing, singing, yelling and running around. For older elementary students I like to do experiments or take them outside, to draw chalk maps to learn directions, for example, to give them situations/context to speaking english (I find the chinese teachers teach them everything they need, they just need me to help them know when/how to use it). For middle & high school students I focus on helping them develop individual personality- self expression, making decisions, having opinions; which are necessary for higher level language use and for university entrance essays, etc. With adults (depending on their skill) I focus on functional language (not vocabulary acquisition) and self expression using acting and games.
    So, I’m a very animated, outgoing, friendly, gentle, sporty, silly and kind teacher.

I can provide references, resume and photos at your request. I am available from 2pm-8:30 on monday, tuesday, wednesday, all day thursday and 2pm-5pm on friday.

Email me by responding to this ad, add me on wechat:msinglynx or call/text me at 13540430337.

Participant

hi tina. my name is ruben’m living in san antonio tx want to find a person who lives there can help me? I send another message is that I saw the other style htlm thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

Back in Chengdu? Didn’t you post on here about moving to Shenzhen a while ago?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.