Experiences with Local Universities

HomeForumsIn ChengduExperiences with Local Universities

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,

thinking about coming to Chengdu in April for Chinese language classes. So far I haven’t heard anything good about Sichuan University.

Does anyone here have experiences with Chengdu University (CDU) or Sichuan Normal University?

Things I’m particularly interested in:

-How is the studen life there? Many international students?
    -Is there a “student area” around? (bars, cafes, clubs, etc.)
    -The university is quite far from the city center. I have only been to Chengdu once, so I can’t comment on how convenient transportation is. Can anyone elaborate on this?
    -How’s the area of the university in general?

Thank you very much!

Participant

well dunno about CNU but CDU is: biggest uni is Chengdu, large and green campus, crowded as hell, shitty and overpriced dorms, tons of other foreign students, English corner. For Chinese teaching quality its standard, nothing to write home about, but be prepared for somewhat large classes, esp if you are a beginner (lots of 1 semester transfer students). Area around is very lively so you will have no probs with nightlife or going out. Subway is close enough, it should solve all transport problems you have.

Participant

Are you sure you are talking about CDU? CHENGDU UNIVERSITY? what you describe sounds like sichuan university to be honest. CDU doesnt even have a wikipedia article, I highly doubt it’s the biggest in Chengdu

Participant

/facepalm

I am. My apologies….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.