Extending L Visa for 10 days

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionExtending L Visa for 10 days

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I arrived in chengdu last night. My flight back to the USA departs in 70 days. I planned on spending the duration of my stay in chengdu. however, my tourist visa is only valid for 60 days, single entry. How can I extend my L visa for  10 days? What are the costs associated with this?

Also, if I overstayed for 10 days, what are the costs and penalties associated with that? I prefer to do things legally though. Thank you for your help.

Participant

Don’t overstay your visa. The cost/penalties could vary depending on who’s working the border – anywhere from 300yuan per day to jail time.

All you have to do is go to the Public Security Bureau, which is at Tianfu Square (city center), the building just left of the Mao ZeDong statue. The people in there on the third floor will get you an extension for a few hundred yuan, depending on your nationality. Just go in a few days before your current visa expires.

Participant

897934-884 is right it’s easy to extend, however, if you *do* end up overstaying, the penalty will be 500/day up to a maximum of 10k RMB, but that price penalty only begins *after* the initial 10 days. Those providing the penalty will not necessarily know that it begins after the initial 10 days of overstay, but it’s absolutely accurate – I’ve had to pay it (due to stolen passport/length of time needed to get new one/expiring while waiting on new passport). So basically, 14 days overstay = 2k RMB plus new visa fee..better to just renew at PSB.

Participant

An extension at the PSB is an easy effort. You can get one for +30d for 160rmb or something. Take some copies of your passport, visa page, entry stamp, and your flight out of China.

Go there somewhere 1-2 weeks before your current visa expires and you’ll be fine.

You can only get this 1 time. It used to be 2 times.

Participant

Oh, beforehand you’ll need to register your address at the police station and get a paper called the “Accommodation registration form for aliens.”

You’ll need that too. Don’t worry, it’s easy.

Participant

Is the police registration necessary for a tourist extension? I had thought that the hotels were responsible for your local registration. I’m not sure because it’s been a while since I’ve extended.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.