Foreign Expert Certificate… Should it be with me?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionForeign Expert Certificate… Should it be with me?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, a few days ago I got my Foreign Expert Certificate, but my employer kept hold of it, is this right?

It might not be mine or theirs, just like my passport, credit card, etc, is not technically/legally ‘mine’.

But, should it be in my possession, or theirs?

To be honest I don’t really have a use for it, I’m not sure what I could use it for – but if it is supposed to be with me then I would rather that it is with me, and not let my employer have any more control/power than they think they have!

Does it say in the FEC who it belongs to or anything like that?
    Just curious, thanks 🙂

Keymaster

I’m not sure if it makes a difference – my employer has mine now. I’ve had mine in the past though, but I never used it for anything. I don’t think your employer having your foreign expert certificate connotes any kind of leverage, really – if things break down with your employer and they pull your visa, you will most likely have to leave the counter and re-enter on a new visa regardless.

Participant

On a side note, what use does FEC actually have? work visa aside i don’t know a single case where it would be used.

Participant

Yeh I can’t think of any use other than visa – and as such, if employer is taking care of your visa/etc it’s probably easier to leave it with them.

Keymaster

On a side note, what use does FEC actually have? work visa aside i don’t know a single case where it would be used.

I don’t think it has any use, it’s just a certification which says you are legally qualified to work in China.

Participant

I think I read it is used if you want to exchange a lot of money at a bank, although maybe some other document could be used instead.
    Thanks for that Charlie!
    I don’t really mind them looking after it, just if it really should be with me then I would pressure them into it, just to remind them they don’t own me.
    🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.