Free Nord VPN Account Giveaway

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFree Nord VPN Account Giveaway

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Nord VPN recently came onto my radar when a friend in Xinjiang (Josh of FarWestChina.com) reviewed the service and posted a video explaining the service and walking through the setup on his Youtube channel. In short, it’s good! If you live in China, you already know how important having access to a reliable VPN is.

Nord VPN has generously offered a pair of annual accounts to give away. If you’re in need of a VPN or would like a back up, this is a great opportunity.

To enter to win one, share a favorite memory of your time in Chengdu below. After a week I will select two at random and send the promo codes for the account.

Participant

Thank you very much charlie for this awesome Giveaway

Last year i visited Chengdu with my family and we visited  Sanxingdui Museum

Wuhou Memorial Temple,  Chengdu Research Base,Jiuzhai Valley National Park .

we eat Mapo Doufu, Fuqi Feipian, Lazi Ji and Cold Diced Rabbit With Chilies and Peanuts which was very testy.

we also watch Chengdu Opera.

we meet with people they entertained us and we use to sit daily in gathering after 9 PM till late night.

Chengdu  tour was very memorable for all of us.

Participant

Thank you Charlie for this kind giveaway. I have been trolling this forum for past year or so as I really liked our tour to Sichuan Province & Chengdu left memory of a lifetime.

Our tour was more of a health tour for my mother & we left from Singapore. I recall my local favorte food shop owner joking & telling me to take some of grilled eggplant carp & bespread noodle that he makes as Sichuan dwellers have apparently forgotten the taste since his great gandfather left the country!

We arranged a local guide who took us to Leshan Stone Buddha the second day. When riding the boat I never thought what I was going to see & was taken aback at the site of this from the podium at the feet. Amount of photos I took probably dwarfs my wedding album. Walked several times the height in the steps beside taking pics every time. Many tourists were around & they were probably watching a clearly excited me more than the Giant Buddha itself! We also visited Wuyou Temple & Hall of Arhats. We had a great hotpot feast & later also ate the best Mapo Tofu at a local joint back in 川江号子 Yulin district. Our guide said this was the best place for hotpot. It was so spicy & tasted so great even if it hurt when the food came out next morning lol!

We also visited a show in the opera next day which our guide had prearranged. We were staying at Shi You Yuan hotel at the Xindu avenue. Our guide picked us up & we went to a very traditional teahouse in Pengzhen. We drove for close to an hour but I never mind with so many photos I took that day! Our guide told very elders are strict & still come at the teahouse from 5 in the morning!

We visited 30 Hong Pai Lou Bei Jie  Wuhou Gao sheng qiao. It was so crowded at lunch time & we thought we should better go elsewhere but our guide managed to get us in. We ate the best soup & dumpling and it tasted heaven! I have eaten dumpling soup  圆子汤 since childhood but never had such traditional flavor anywhere. We went to another  place the next day, HuanTian Zhai. I recall citronella grilled fish that I ordered. The restaurant is very authentic Miao Village in Guizhou style. The waiter had a national costume & always looked passionate. I took his advice of sour fish & it was fresh & full of flavor.

In a 4 day trip I can say I fell in love with Chengdu, the people there & the vibrant place the region itself sit. I saw plenty of modernization & improvement going on esp around many back alley & my guide said lot of old places are changing, moving or closing to give place for more modern & continental food & business places. I visited 1 or 2 during city visit & every small alley felt like a whole world by itself, that has its own system of life embedded to its core, from colourful clothes to electronic places to food & everything in a short space! I sincerely hope Chengdu keeps its soul at heart because its what made me fell in love in a short trip. I hope to do another trip in 2018 to see the old teahouse, Wuyou Temple & the missed Panda residence this time.

Regards from Tregs, a Chengdu lover from a far off place.

Participant

Hello

Waiting for Free Nord VPN Account Giveaway  winners announcement.

Thank You !

Keymaster

Well that was easy. Your promo codes have been sent, enjoy!

Participant

Thank You very much. Really appreciate it.

Participant

Hi,

Thanks to Charlie for organising a great contest & appreciated it much to recall the best tour I’ve had. Currently planning to visit Sichuan province again in early 2018. Wonder how much changes have come in past years..

Regards from Tregs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.