Game of Thrones Leaks, Viewing Parties…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGame of Thrones Leaks, Viewing Parties…

• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoRyan.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As all of you probably know already, you can go watch new episodes of GOT on big screens at Macchu Picchu and The Clubhouse (where I’m showing it).

My question is: now that episodes 1-4 have been leaked, what would you prefer? Watch all of them? Or wait each week for the HD versions to come out?

We will still have our normal party this week with episode 1, but I’m wondering what you guys are interested in for the future…

Participant

BTW here is a map and event details for The Clubhouse GOT party (see attached pictures)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Just some FYI on the leaked copies: I’ve watched eps 1-4 and even though they’re very small and 480p, they’re totally enjoyable as they are.

Keymaster

As all of you probably know already, you can go watch new episodes of GOT on big screens at Macchu Picchu and The Clubhouse (where I’m showing it). My question is: now that episodes 1-4 have been leaked, what would you prefer? Watch all of them? Or wait each week for the HD versions to come out? We will still have our normal party this week with episode 1, but I’m wondering what you guys are interested in for the future…

I’ll probably hold out for the HD versions, and stick with the one-a-week program. It might depend on the cliffhanger at the end of the first episode though.

It’s gonna be tough but I’m probably gonna opt for once a week since if I binge all 4 then I’m not going to have anything – and I mean absolutely nothing – to look forward to for the next month.

Participant

I agree with Dan but its going to be hard to avoid spoilers around the social media

Participant

What is this game of thrones?  Can someone supply a premise in a short paragraph which explains the draw?    Sounds like a medieval political power game or something.     What is the necessity of all this GoT business?

Participant

Based on the two episodes I’ve seen, it’s sort of like Lord of the Rings, except where instead of walking around in the mountains for hours every few minutes someone gets naked and then a few minutes later someone gets their head cut off.

Participant

What is this game of thrones? Can someone supply a premise in a short paragraph which explains the draw?

I think it can be explained concisely with this:

F' off.

Participant

It’s kind of like Musical chairs. But there’s only one chair and you just fight each-other to sit in it. Add some dragons and naked people and you got Game of Thrones.

Keymaster

Sounds like a medieval political power game or something.

This is actually a fair description. It’s very well written, acted, and produced. The production values are more like a movie than what you’d expect from a TV show. It’s just very, very well made.

Participant

and, like last year, MACHU PICCHU is showing it on a 100 inch screen.. every monday at 8 pm we show last weeks episode before we show the newest episode at 9pm.. and all pizza’s 15 kuai off!

Participant

I started on the “one per week” plan, and that lasted a good 8 hours. I wish you luck in maintaing that self-control.

Participant

Last Monday@ the Clubhouse I played episode 2 after episode 1 was finished. Most people didn’t watch it, so it seems most of us are happy to wait each week to watch the new one in HD.

Also to everyone who came: I will arrange the seats better next time! I had no idea so many people were going to show up… Sorry it was so cluttered/crowded.

Participant

How does it compare to Grand Turismo on the hardest setting?

Participant

How does it compare to Grand Turismo on the hardest setting?

Called it! 😛

Participant

I tried to resist. I lasted 2 days 🙁 I don’t want to discuss the episodes on here because spoilers. I’m still going to watch them in HD at The Clubhouse though. I don’t mind watching episodes a few times to try and catch something I missed first time round. If you’re interested in chatting about the leaked episodes then head on over to http://www.reddit.com/r/piratesofthrones though beware, those folks might be talking about book spoilers too. 5ish weeks before a new episode…

And now my watch begins.

Participant

5ish weeks before a new episode

MAYBE. Not necessarily. 😀 Someone has to translate various languages on upcoming episodes early!

Participant

We’ll be showing Episode 2 tonight at 9pm, and if any of you missed episode 1 you can catch it at 8pm. At the ClubHouse (12th floor of Soho building)

See you guys there!

Hope you guys doing watch parties don’t get shut down by HBO, which is what’s happening to the place I used to watch in Brooklyn.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.