Good places to look for an apartment as an SU student (WangJiang campus) ?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGood places to look for an apartment as an SU student (WangJiang campus) ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Title says it all. Can anyone recommend me specific neighborhoods or areas of Chengdu that would be good to look in? I just have loose criteria:

2000/yuan a month or less (my share of the rent at least, total rental cost higher if I have roommate(s)

2 or 3 bedrooms (maybe find 1 or 2 roommates)

Not absolutely disgusting (but a little bit is ok)

Good, cheap places to eat and get drunk within walking distance are a plus

Less than 45 minute bus commute to or from Wangjiang campus

These are all loose requirements and I’m willing to sacrifice one thing if it significantly boosts another.

I read the “5 Steps to Renting an Apartment in Chengdu” already. Good guide. I’m ready to start really searching. I fly into Chengdu on August 27, and am gonna be “couch surfing” until I can find a place. My semester starts September 9, so hopefully I can find something good before then.

P.S What is the fastest internet I can buy in Chengdu? and what is the ballpark price on it? My job relies heavily on the internet, so decent internet is important.

Participant

well i g0t 10MBpsec for 88kuai/month, but still, decent internet and China do not combine. Buy VPN while you still there.

If you are like i used to be and work using online video conferences – forget about them.

Cant help with SU nearby rents cause im a SWUFE boy 🙂

Participant

Thanks, I already bought a VPN, since I absolutely need Google for my job. I think 10 mbp is a bit slow but it should be fine. No video conferencing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.