Can't Install Google Play Services on Android

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCan't Install Google Play Services on Android

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Needed to pick up a new phone as my samsung S3 is on it’s last legs. Google play services works fine on my S3 and it’s not even been rooted.

I need some help I can not get google play services to work on my new phone. I have downloaded the latest version 7.5.74 I downloaded the erics yang app which means I don’t have to root the phone, but it still will not work.

The phone is running 5.1

Any ideas?

I’m sure there are more appropriate forums for this kind of question, for example XDA. Anyway, AFAIK you need to flash gapps in recovery on the latest versions of Android. This means first flashing a custom recovery like TWRP.

Participant

I’m sure there are more appropriate forums for this kind of question

The forum is appropriate lots of geeks here. Anyway I figured it out in the end.

The forum is appropriate lots of geeks here.

I didn’t say it wasn’t appropriate. I just suggested somewhere MORE appropriate, http://forum.xda-developers.com/.

Anyway I figured it out in the end.

Good for you

How did you manage it Ian? Know someone who’s been trying to do this without rooting with no avail

Participant

How did you manage it Ian? Know someone who’s been trying to do this without rooting with no avail

Download suggested app from video below, but update Google play services to 7.5.74 if it does not work.

Participant

Hi there Ian,

Thanks for sharing the link – ive tried searching for the app on the xiaomi market but can’t find it at all – is your phone a xiaomi phone? mine is HTC so am wondering if this is part of the problem.

Just a thought. If you’re planning on staying in China and using an Android phone long term, you might not want Google Play and Google Services Framework on your phone. In my experience (using a US HTC One), google play services will be constantly trying to sync in the background but get denied by Chinese networks causing wakelocks which will drain your battery FAST (like 5-20% battery per hour).

This has been an issue from 4.4 up to 5.1. This might not affect all devices, but it’s something that I’ve experienced and something to be wary of. I guess that’s one reason why Chinese Android devices don’t come with Google apps installed.

Participant

what are some alternatives for google play.. I just got here and have a samsung note pro 12.2 tablet..   And I am going to assume that to see the link above you need to be on a vpn?

Baidu’s app store is probably the biggest in China.

http://shouji.baidu.com/appsearch?f=shouji_header

Participant

There are plenty of Chinese Android devices that come with the play store installed, just not all of them. My old Aoson tablet had it, and so does my new 51cube tablet. My 51cube is running the google apps but also has a vpn so everything works smoothly. For my ancient phone, which I flashed with MIUI, I did not bother running google services on it but just get any apps I need from the play store using http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

However, I found that I prefer using the China versions of certain apps anyway. The Chinese version of iReader can read books to me in Sichuanhua but the version from the play store did not.

Participant

i use 1 mobile markt

better than baidu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.