Graffiti supplies and legal walls in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGraffiti supplies and legal walls in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any legal walls in Chengdu to paint? My friend told me it’s ok to paint alleyways and backstreets, as long as the content is not obscene or political. Coming from UK, this feels very strange..I would much prefer a designated place.

Also, anywhere to buy paint and caps? specifically for painting walls as opposed to cars ect.

Cheers.

Keymaster

If you haven’t already, definitely try to get in touch with Gas or other graffiti writers in Chengdu. I’m not sure of the answer to your questions (I really doubt painting is legal on alleys and backstreets) but finding local (Chinese) writers is the best way to get info on this. There are semi-regular graffiti competitions and events in Chengdu also, look for posters/flyers around the city.

Participant

Thanks Charlie.The Gas article was a good read. Some nice pieces. Any idea how to get in contact with him or any other writers? We ended up paining an alleyway  哈哈.

Keymaster

Thanks Charlie.The Gas article was a good read. Some nice pieces. Any idea how to get in contact with him or any other writers? We ended up paining an alleyway 哈哈.

Add me on WeChat and I will help you get in touch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.