Health Check Locations in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHealth Check Locations in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone knows a good place to go through a helath check for visa extension? Need a full one, including chest X ray and STDs (especially STDs, lol). With english if possible at all.

Also need a good doctor dealing with scars, mine are acting up again.

You want to go here: 1 Tongzilin North Road for your health inspection. Get there early. They speak enough English to get you through the inspection. They check you for pregnancy regardless of gender.

They check you for pregnancy regardless of gender.

This place is next level awesome. Needs to be on a Japanese game show as obstacle number one.

Participant

Learn to dodge and swerve while carrying a urine sample and you should pass with flying colours.

Keymaster

You want to go here: 1 Tongzilin North Road for your health inspection. Get there early. They speak enough English to get you through the inspection. They check you for pregnancy regardless of gender.

Hahaha – this is the only place that I’ve gotten the health check done. After all things I had heard about it, it actually wasn’t too bad. I was concerned about the taking blood behind the opaque window part, but it turned out to be a see-through window, so I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

This place is next level awesome. Needs to be on a Japanese game show as obstacle number one.

The procedure to complete the health check is like an obstacle course. First you go to this room on the second floor, then back downstairs, then upstairs again, then somewhere else. It’s like a 7-step process that doesn’t follow any logical pattern at all.

…doesn’t follow any logical pattern at all.

I will forever and a day never forget doing the eye test whilst the ‘doctor’ sat smoking, blowing smoke out in front of the eye chart. I think I managed 50%… ‘Pass!!’, and off to piss in a thimble sized cup.

Participant

Last time i went there was a huge group of migrant workers taking the exam. It was mayhem. Queue? What’s that? Needless to say, I don’t think they were IT experts heading to Silicone Valley…

Participant

Bumping… Is this still the best place to go? Do I need to bring the forms or do they have everything there? And what’s the cost?

Participant

You don’t need to bring anything but passport, but if you have photos already take them with you – or you can go into a booth and get some done for like 20 kuai. I think the total cost for the exam last time I went was a few hundred? Forget exact number.

You don’t need anything in advance, just show up, and get ready to wait in lots of lines booth to booth, like a town fair.

Participant

Its below 400, the place is still good. Takes about 1 hour to pass everything.

Participant

Thanks. Going to head there tomorrow and catch a cab from Wu Gui Qiao bus station, is this the right area? Guessing it’s the ‘Sichuan Inspection Inspection Bureau’ since the address doesn’t pull up directly…

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tongzilin+North+Road+No.3+Courtyard/@30.615521,104.059663,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x36efc5b162df8a4b:0xd1d63180428e2fb7

Participant

Yep, its there

Participant

Note to others who might see this: exams are only done in the mornings 7:30 to 11:30(?). I figured the ‘get there early’ comment was just to avoid lines!

Participant

Is this place open on Sundays?

Participant

Little late but pretty sure it’s M-F only.

Participant

@WoodWERD
    When you say til 11:30, does that mean you can begin the exam as late as 11:30? I need to do this whole process again due to work permit expiring during passport stolen and all this other bullshit that goes along with it, and rather not take a morning off work. If they allow it to begin that late, can do morning meetings beforehand.

Participant

Yes, but I’d call and double check the cutoff time.

Participant

Good plan 😀 Thanks for the info.

Participant

Still have the receipt laying around…phone number if you need it is 028-85197251, also has 85158859 (#1 Tong ZiLin North Rd).

Participant

Perfect – called – currently, they allow you to begin the process up until 11am.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.