Hiring English Teachers in Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring English Teachers in Chengdu

• This topic has 710 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoCharlie.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sex Coach Needed in Chengdu!
    Is you are someone who is sexually active like Quagmire, apply at l2 today! Someone who is ‘similar’ to Ron Jeremy, please do not hesitate to put in your application and with ‘photos’ of your livelyhood! Act now, because our Admin needs you to work our bungholes ASAP!

plz send resume to [email protected]

Participant

Lol Jerry you made my morning.

Participant

Sex Coach Needed in Chengdu! Is you are someone who is sexually active like Quagmire, apply at l2 today! Someone who is ‘similar’ to Ron Jeremy, please do not hesitate to put in your application and with ‘photos’ of your livelyhood! Act now, because our Admin needs you to work our bungholes ASAP!

plz send resume to [email protected]

This is I2’s legal adviser,if you guys keep doing anything like this without sufficient reasons,we will take legal action.

Participant

Has the position been filled?

Participant

Why you guys used those ridiculous and disgusting words to offend us? i2 is a legal training school with acting classes for kids.

Our Acting Program description:

i2’s Act Out program focuses on scripted story telling and video performances utilizing useful English expressions and phrases that can be used in daily life.

The Act Out! program introduces video, pictures, audio and all forms of multimedia to help our children overcome their shyness, find interest in English outside the typical classroom setting and find encouragement in using and expressing their imagination.

Is there anything ridiculous if we need an acting teacher?

Keymaster

This is I2′s legal adviser,if you guys keep doing anything like this without sufficient reasons,we will take legal action.

You are obnoxious and make your organization look really stupid and untrustworthy when you make legal threats like this. If you want everyone on here to look down on i2, keep doing what you’re doing.

Why you guys used those ridiculous and disgusting words to offend us? i2 is a legal training school with acting classes for kids.

Because you constantly spam this thread with your vague job listings? You never post where the job is, what the hours are, what the pay is, or what qualifications are required. Probably because there are no qualifications required, which is why your job listings for jazz and acting teachers look so ridiculous. The reason why everyone offends you is because you have no tact.

Generally speaking, people on here are very friendly and won’t offend you unless they have reason to.

Participant

You are obnoxious and make your organization look really stupid and untrustworthy when you make legal threats like this. If you want everyone on here to look down on i2, keep doing what you’re doing.

Dear Charlie,

You mean we should pretend that we never notice it? We do care about how everyone looks i2, that is because we are absolutely not a stupid company. We can not just keep silent if someone constantly slanders us.

Because you constantly spam this thread with your vague job listings? You never post where the job is, what the hours are, what the pay is, or what qualifications are required. Probably because there are no qualifications required, which is why your job listings for jazz and acting teachers look so ridiculous. The reason why everyone offends you is because you have no tact.

Generally speaking, people on here are very friendly and won’t offend you unless they have reason to.

Maybe sometimes we forgot some detail and important information in our ads. But if someone notice that, they can just kindly point it out and we will be very appreciated and clarify it. But why they just keeping using their smear words offend us for so many times? I don’t think they are belonging to the very friendly ones and I am really confused about what is the reason they have to.

If you still think it’s all of our fault, then I don’t want to explain any more. By the way, everytime we are trying to be polite and friendly to everyone here even for those who are not friendly for us.

Participant

Legal action? Sureee… I did not write i2, quite the opposite, copy and past it and see what i wrote…. its l2 or L2. No way is it similar to whatever you are spamming.

Here is a key marketing tip. Have just one ad up and see how it goes. Do not spam it 10x per day, we get it you guys are hiring. Also, if you want to be well respected within the CDliving community, have other postings up rather than just ‘come work for us’ type ads.

There are many english teachers, advisers and recruiters that frequent the forum, they contribute when they feel it is necessary. When they are looking for teachers, they have a posting up and many can reply to them because they are trustworthy. Other than this thread, i do not see any reason why people will think you are not spamming. And the way you are defending yourself with ‘legal’ action is making research for ‘i2’ dubious at best. English teachers will research a company, do you not think what you are doing is making yourself look bad?

Keymaster

Dear Charlie,

You mean we should pretend that we never notice it? We do care about how everyone looks i2, that is because we are absolutely not a stupid company. We can not just keep silent if someone constantly slanders us.

You copy and paste vague job listings without important information over and over, even after I’ve asked you to include important details like how much the job pays and what the hours are. And then you make legal threats against an English teacher on this forum, while you are searching for English teachers. That’s a poor strategy.

Maybe sometimes we forgot some detail and important information in our ads. But if someone notice that, they can just kindly point it out and we will be very appreciated and clarify it. But why they just keeping using their smear words offend us for so many times? I don’t think they are belonging to the very friendly ones and I am really confused about what is the reason they have to.

If you still think it’s all of our fault, then I don’t want to explain any more. By the way, everytime we are trying to be polite and friendly to everyone here even for those who are not friendly for us.

When you post job listings, include the following information:

• Job location and hours
    • Specific information on qualifications required
    • Salary information (if not exact, then a range or estimate)
    • Do you provide a visa? If so, what kind and duration?

Please limit yourself to posting new job listings once a week. If you have more jobs than that to post, include more than one job position in a single post. I suggest you not make threats against English teachers, it will only further damage your reputation.

If you follow these simple rules I think you will not only reduce the amount of jokes directed at you, but you will also increase the number of people contacting you for English teaching work. Good luck!

Participant

Who is constantly slandering you?

The only slanderous thing I can see is “we are absolutely not a stupid company”

Participant

When you post job listings, include the following information:

• Job location and hours
    • Specific information on qualifications required
    • Salary information (if not exact, then a range or estimate)
    • Do you provide a visa? If so, what kind and duration?

Please limit yourself to posting new job listings once a week. If you have more jobs than that to post, include more than one job position in a single post. I suggest you not make threats against English teachers, it will only further damage your reputation.

If you follow these simple rules I think you will not only reduce the amount of jokes directed at you, but you will also increase the number of people contacting you for English teaching work. Good luck!

First, Thanks very much for your advice. We really don’t know we can only post for once a week.

But for the reputation problem, I don’t think it will be danaged just because those persons. The reason is we never make threats against anyone, we just try to protect our own rights and most importantly those people don’t deserve the address of “English teachers”

Participant

You guys determine the validity of the bestowed title for engursh teachers? Nice.

Keymaster

First, Thanks very much for your advice. We really don’t know we can only post for once a week.

Feel free to post as much as you like here as long as it’s actual conversation. For job listings, please post only once a week. Everyone here knows that i2 is constantly hiring, you post enough job listings on here that they are impossible to ignore.

But for the reputation problem, I don’t think it will be danaged just because those persons. The reason is we never make threats against anyone, we just try to protect our own rights and most importantly those people don’t deserve the address of “English teachers”

If someone is interested in working for you and Googles you, they’ll see you threatening legal action on a forum against someone who made fun of you (it’s on the first page of Google search results). Potential teachers seeing you make legal threats against online critics will potentially dissuade them from choosing to work with you. Question #1: why do they have so many critics? Question #2: why must they resort to legal threats?

Thanks for understanding.

Participant

Slander is spoken.  Printed or published is Libel.  Also the recipient must be named correctly.   The moderators set the rules of the forum.

Participant

Teachers Needed for Chengdu International High School

The Chengdu UEI-Meishi Sino-American Elite Program is a college prep program for Chinese secondary level students who plan to attend a university in the U.S.
    We are currently looking to  hire full-time English teachers for our Spring Semester starting on Monday February 17, 2014.
    Applicants must be native speakers of North American English, with at least a Bachelor’s degree from an American university and one year previous teaching experience.

Compensation package ranges from 12,000 to 14,000 Rmb depending on experience and education level.
    Teaching hours are approximately 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday daytime.
    Please send your resume to the UEI Academic Director.

E-mail:  <[email protected]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

U.S. College Prep Program in Chengdu Needs Teachers

The Sino-American Elite Program is operated and managed by the U.S. company United Education Investments on the campus of the Chengdu Meishi International School.

Our mission is to prepare Chinese high school students for study abroad at a university in the United States.

We are currently looking to hire full-time English teachers for our Spring Semester, which begins on Monday February 17, 2014.

Applicants must be native speakers of English with a university Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year previous teaching experience.

The compensation package ranges from 12,000 to 14,000 Rmb per month depending on work experience and educational level.

We will also provide a work permit, Z work visa, and residence permit free of charge.

Teaching hours are approximately 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am. to 4:00 p.m.

We use only the highest quality, imported course materials and cutting edge audio-visual aids.

Our program is entirely American managed.

Please send your resume to the UEI Academic Director

E-mail:  [email protected]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

I have been reviewing some of the job posting here, and I find the salaries to be very low. I am just wondering how do people survive making only 6,000 RMB per month. Do they have a lot of part time jobs? Just curious.

Participant

I am a teacher at a school in the western part of Chengdu.  The other teacher here decided not to come back for the second semester due to illness.  It pays 12000 rmb per month plus 2000 allowance for accommodations.    Hours are 14.6 hours per week M-F plus 5 hours for meetings, marking etc.    The students are 15 to 17 years old and preparing for study abroad.  Z work visa paid for and residence permit free of charge.  PM asap me for more information.  My name is Norm.

Keymaster

I have been reviewing some of the job posting here, and I find the salaries to be very low. I am just wondering how do people survive making only 6,000 RMB per month. Do they have a lot of part time jobs? Just curious.

6k rmb is a low salary for an expat in Chengdu but is above average for Chinese people living here. You can live with a reasonable amount of comfort on 6k rmb but it won’t be a life of luxury by international standards. Chengdu is a city where you can live on very little or you can spend 10k rmb a month on living expenses. It depends mostly on your lifestyle and how well integrated you are into life in China.

Participant

Substitute English teacher/Part-time teacher needed in West Chengdu

Open to all English speaking teachers (Native speaker preferred but not required)

20 classes per week (classes with primary school and middle school. You will only meet the classes once per week.

OR you can choose to teach 10 classes per week with Primary school students only or 10 classes per week with the Middle school students only.

Mondays to Fridays half day work.

Mondays and Tuesdays -afternoon only (primary school students 8 classes)

Wednesdays to Fridays – morning only (middle school students/2 classes with primary school students)

Pay is at 120 yuan per class of 40 minutes.

Monthly pay of up to 9,600 yuan for 4 weeks of classes in a month.

Students are from a semi-private experimental school. Kids are good, enjoy learning English and are very attentive in class.

I work part-time since last term, I am leaving the country soon so I want to help the school find a replacement teacher.  I had fun and interesting experiences teaching the kids. Chinese teaching staff are nice and friendly.

PM me if you are interested and if you have any questions.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 711 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.