Home delivery food websites

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHome delivery food websites

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi I am looking for home delivery services in Chengdu which sell food, drink etc and have a English website.

I have seen a website called WaiFood but the prices are pretty high and I don’t know if they are any good.

So can anyone recommend any other websites which offer home delivery at reasonable prices thanks.

Participant

If you’re looking for normal supermarket stuff I don’t have an answer for you, but little shops that sell snacks drinks etc will usually deliver if you live nearby – can find one near your place and ask.

One thing I just checked out that waifood site, in English, and saw some oddities:

(Best By April 5th)Whipping Cream

¥10

(expired) Dole Tomato Juice

¥5

Woot, can’t wait to order me some expired tomato juice.

Participant

Diamond,

just curious why you would want that. Is Chengdu so spread out and inaccessible that you would need groceries delivered? Or are you just some really rich guy who can’t be bothered to go to the grocery store?

Taobao for non perishables.

Brian #10 it saves you a lot of time and in Shanghai the prices are the same or lower than in supermarkets with free delivery.

Due to the lower expat population here I don’t foresee any alternatives to WaiFood appearing.

Participant

I’ve used waifood and I think they are decent. (Expensive? What were you shopping for?) The last time I sent in an order at 11:00 at night,chose COD, and they were at my door at noon the next day. They answered the questions I had about the products in English as well. waifood used to have a klunky website and minimum Y300 for free delivery, which was just ridiculous, but now the website is much more user friendly and the free delivery starts at Y50.

I also use taobao (in Chinese) for perishables, search for local suppliers and then go to the places directly to see their wares/storage conditions before getting stuff. One place I trust is http://xiaoshui.taobao.com/, where I buy things like chocolate, butter, cream, dried cranberries, vanilla beans, and MG mozzarella which I really prefer to that Anchor brand everyone else seems to have. Their free delivery starts at Y99.

Participant

anyone recommend a source of olive oil?

According the book “Extra Virginity” most olive oil originating from Europe can’t be trusted.

If you really want olive oil get some recently produced organic one which I’ve seen at Ito Yokado and hope that it isn’t cut with rancid oil (which is toxic).

Olio Nuovo (the freshest extra virgin olive oil) seems entirely unavailable in China.

I’ve recently found a shop that sells all kinds of non local food products at good prices to restaurants and normal consumers alike.

Some products like canned tomatoes are only available in giant sizes for restaurant usage though.

They do deliveries if you order for 200RMB+, but not sure to which areas.

They’re located near Tianfu Square 028-88828820 (not sure if they speak english).

Participant

1919 delivers alcohol including foreign liquors for free and accepts payments by Chinese bank debit cards

Telephone: 6132 2262 or 4000551919

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.