Looking for Home School Group (Laowai Kids)

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking for Home School Group (Laowai Kids)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Still looking for a group of laowai kids in s. chengdu for my 4 year old. Any groups around?

Participant

I heard of one in luxhill, but not know it in details 🙂

Participant

@sharleen,

If you get any info that would be great! I’m not to far from Luxe Hills.

Thanks

Participant

you can follow this wechat offical account, maybe it is the group you are looing for: 番趣营地 you can take your kid to have a try.

Participant

Thanks Holamt,

But looking for a group that meets weekly or something, that has foreign kids in it, not to travel overseas or go to a summer/winter camp.

Participant

@drjtrekker  we live close to Luxe Hills too. my wechat”617924675″ , I have a girl 4 years old. probably our kids could play from time to time.^_^

Participant

@sharleen,
    Thanks Sharleen, I guess my request is a bit difficult to find here in CD. I hear in Shanghai there are some home school groups that meet on a regular basis with many kids. That is what I am trying to find, or to establish. Perhaps an alternative is to see if there are any other like minded people with foreign kids around that would like this.

Perhaps they are all sent to a kindy, not sure.  I don’t want to send my child to a local kindy so that is why I am trying to find some kind of group to provide an alternative.  I hear there is a waldorf around, but a long waiting list and expensive. I also know of the australian kindy by luxe hills, but don’t know anything else about it.  Logistics would be our main problem with that, since we also have a baby at the house.

anyhoo, any ideas information or anything please keep us in mind!

thanks!

Participant

Have you found such groups? I’m also looking for similar schools. My daughter used to go to a very good preschool run by several American ladies. But they are leaving Chengdu. I’m trying to find a new one.

Participant

@daquanquan,

No I have not.

Participant

I just got the info that a new preschool is opening near Tianfu Second Str., owned by two American women. But it’s too far from me. If you’d like to try, you can leave your email so I’ll share her wechat with you.

Participant

@daquanquan,

That’s good.  Do you know the name of the school?

Participant

I pm you.

Participant

Hi, I can help to take care of your kid if you trust me, I’m an English teacher who run my own studio in Chengdu and I’m a mother also, I can offer my personal information if it is needed, please add my wechat if you are interested: chuanxiaoxie22

Participant

hi, have you found the home school group yet?

Participant

australian kindy at luxe hill costs RMB6000 per month

Participant

@sharleen,

No, I have not found a home school group, and yeah, the kindy at Luxe Hills cost some big bucks.
    There are a few preschools I think at Tianfu, per your other message.
    Off of jian nan and off of Yi zhou, at Yin Tai, many are “montessori” based, perhaps that’s the one your looking for.

I think for us, due to our flexible schedule, we will just keep our our kid with us.  My wife runs an early ed program for 2 year olds mainly, so our girl will sometimes sit in there. For the rest of it, we just sign her up in some classes that she likes like dance or art.

I’m mostly of the opinion that I’d rather keep her with us if I can’t put her in a place that I would have complete confidence in their quality of care and competence, and that from a western perspective.
    Meaning, we teach her a certain way to behave and speak, where as many others here think differently in the way a child should behave.

anyhoo, i’m just rambling now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.