How Do I Get My Dog Out of China?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHow Do I Get My Dog Out of China?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hello there,

I want to take my dog from Chengdu back to Holland in the most affordable way. I know it is possible if i pay a crazy amount of money to some agent to get her to Holland but I also know it should be possible doing it myself if I know where to go.

Does anyone have any experience bringing their dog back home with them?

If so, i’d be grateful if you can share experience and contacts in order for me to get my dog back to holland where she can be living in a much better environment to run around and of course be with me!

Thanks

Marco

Participant

Lots of money. Doing it yourself, still, lots of money. I don’t know Holland’s laws specifically, but many countries have rules about which countries have which restrictions for bringing animals from abroad – and some wont allow direct moves whatsoever. If you want to do it yourself, you need to look up Holland’s pet import laws – find where China is on their list of nations and how they rate that list of nations for pet import, and they will definitely give clear rules around what sort of quarantines are required (6months? 1yr?) if it’s possible for direct transfers at all.

Basically what you can do yourself is look at holland’s rules, they’ll specify everything on gov’t websites as every country I’ve looked at this issue does, and you’ll have to meet their requirements – figuring out where to get the appropriate health checks, where to quarantine your pet (means paying for their long-term stay as well), how long in advance you need to have specific immunizations (like rabies may need to have a recorded immunization 6months or so before the process can even begin), etc. It’s no easy feat.

Keymaster

Hey Marco,

I found some information here, which mostly talks about moving pets between EU member states (which requires a “Pet Passport”) but also has info on moving pets from non-EU states. It looks like it requires vaccination and forms to be filled out by an English speaking veterinarian in China at the least.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.